15500 Stephen S Wise Drive
Stephen Wise Temple
Founded in 1964, Stephen Wise Temple is one of the largest Reform Jewish synagogues and schools in the world. The Wise community consists of a thriving congregation; Wise School (a top-tier K-6 elementary school and Early Childhood Center); Center for Youth Engagement (including Religious School, teen programming and Camp Wise); weekly worship services; and over 100 opportunities for deep learning, tikkun olam (helping those in need), and Jewish engagement throughout the year. With 1,800 member families and more than 170 employees, Wise is known for its extensive educational, spiritual, and musical programs designed for individuals, couples, and families at all stages of life.
The Wise campus is located on 19 beautiful acres atop the Mulholland Corridor of the Santa Monica Mountains and includes the new, state-of-the-art Katz Family Pavilion for daily athletic activities and diverse major events. The community founded by Rabbi Isaiah Zeldin is now led by Rabbi Yoshi Zweiback and a committed team of educators, administrators, and lay volunteers.
Wise makes meaning and changes the world.
About The Position
The Development Manager oversees the Stephen Wise Temple Annual Campaign and Wise School Annual Giving Campaign, taking steps to reach stated goals including, researching and soliciting new donors, moving donors to increased giving levels, increasing giving in the Early Childhood, creating alumni and grandparent giving categories and working to increase participation in both.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to reach all fundraising goals for the institution;
- Cultivate and steward donors and lay leaders;
- Identify potential donors and participants in fundraising committees;
- Produce in depth Donor reports for all Campaigns and track donor movement across multiple years;
- Perform in depth donor and community data analysis;
- Help strategically plan and ensure the success of all fundraising events;
- Work with the school alumni coordinator to ensure alumni goals are met;
- Work with the Communications department to coordinate marketing plans, including weekly email; updates (providing the language for the updates), honor rolls, annual reports, event advertising, etc.;
- Support the Wise Development department as needed with additional campaigns (Capital and Endowment);
- Produce solicitation and Thank You letters;
- Participate in entering development checks and track donor information through Customer;
- Relationship Management system;
- Support the Wise Development department and the greater institution as needed.
- College degree;
- Two years of experience in fundraising, sales, or a related field;
- Proven experience in customer service;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Problem solving abilities, trouble-shooting skills and ability to adapt to a variety of personalities;
- Ability to quickly learn and gain proficiency in Customer Relationship Management systems;
- Strong background in Excel;
- Strong proofreading skills;
- Acute attention to detail and very organized;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Stephen Wise Temple and Wise Schools;
- Assiduous in the practice of confidentiality, tact, and discretion;
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with congregants, staff, and lay leaders;
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment;
- Passion for the work of synagogues/religious institutions, schools, or nonprofits highly desirable.
Salary range or 50-55K annually plus employee benefits package, including medical, dental and 403(b). Complimentary family Temple membership and discounted tuition for Temple schools.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
Stephen Wise Temple is an equal opportunity employer.
Our strategic HR partner RSJ/Swenson is coordinating this search.
You can visit their website and apply at www.rsjswenson.com.
Please direct your calls and e-mails to them.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please follow this link https://rsjswenson.applytojob.com/apply/0nJEjnsPgG/Developent-Manager