Mount Kisco, NY, USA
We are recruiting for our client, Neighbors Link, located in Mt. Kisco, NY.
Agency Description: The mission of Neighbors Link is to strengthen the whole community by actively enhancing the healthy integration of immigrants. Neighbors Link provides innovative and impact driven programming to immigrant families and works to empower clients to successfully navigate community resources and to foster client leadership.
Job Summary: The Director of Development and Communications will provide vision and leadership for all aspects of the Neighbors Link fund development, communications and public relations initiatives. The Director will also promote the organization as a thought leader in our field. This full-time position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Strengthen a well-balanced and diversified funding stream that includes individual donors, corporate giving, major gifts, special events, and foundation & government funding
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle: 1) Initiate contacts with potential donors, 2) Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers, move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure, 3) Make solicitations when appropriate, 4) Maintain stewardship contacts with donors
- With the Executive Director, manage a major gifts portfolio of 100 donors, creating strategic approaches to steward current major donors and cultivate major donor prospects.
- Identify, research, write, and secure grants, and oversee work of outsourced grant writing
- Provide management and Board with comprehensive fundraising data to guide strategic planning; ensure the integrity and accuracy of the donor database
- Develop creative and compelling public communication strategy utilizing print and social media. Develop brochures, newsletters, press releases, and appeal letters that educate the community and promote the organization
- Supervise full-time Development Coordinator, part-time Volunteer Manager, as well as manage relationships with outside consultants.
- Provide support to seasoned group of volunteers in significantly profitable special event execution. Implement special awareness and educational events to enhance profile of organization and the community we serve
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in related field preferred
- Five years experience non-profit development, including proven major gifts experience
- Proven fundraising track record with government grant experience preferred
- Experience supervising part-time and full-time staff
- Familiarity with donor database management software (such as DonorPerfect) and email marketing and social media tools (Constant Contact, Twitter, Facebook)
- Inspirational communicator with excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work well with broad spectrum of staff, volunteers, Board members, donors, elected officials, and broader community in a collaborative manner
- Passion for the Neighbors Link mission and vision; commitment to our fundraising and marketing efforts
JGT Public Relations
Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Development Director”
Minimum Education Required