2040 Bancroft Way, Suite 400
Informing Change is looking for an Operations Manager to support our teams in providing efficient and quality services to our clients. Informing Change’s strength comes from our team-based approach: you would be joining an organization of individuals who rely on one another’s diverse skill sets, perspectives, and expertise to turn data into insights and action for our clients. Your work supporting these teams will, in turn, support meaningful, positive change in our communities.
Who We Are
Informing Change is a strategic learning firm of 19 (and growing!) individuals, united by the core belief that learning through data is essential to guaranteeing a healthy and just society for all people, now and in the future. Our mission is to help our clients—nonprofits and the philanthropic organizations that fund them— learn about the change they’re making and determine whether it’s the change they ultimately want. Over the course of our 20 years in business, our core values of intelligence, integrity, compassion, and the pursuit of social justice have guided everything that we do.
Who You Are
You are energized by working with various people and adept at creatively solving problems. You have at least three years of experience providing administrative support, managing budgets, and running a fast-paced office. Ideally, you are familiar with the consulting and billable environment.
As operations support, you:
· Coordinate company resources, design administrative support systems, and enhance office efficiency alongside our Vice President & COO.
· Monitor and manage monthly staff capacity across all projects.
· Support our growth and evolution with staff recruitment, new hire orientations and annual reviews.
· Administer various human resource systems (e.g., time tracking, performance review applications)
· Plan monthly happy hours, annual staff retreats, and special office events.
· Manage special projects as necessary.
As budget manager, you:
· Track and report on project expenses for various teams
· Oversee our monthly client receivable process
· Manage our project contracts
· Provide bookkeeping support
As facilities point person, you:
· Ensure the office is fully stocked with supplies and edible goodies.
· Manage vendor relations
· Oversee space rentals and subtenants
· Troubleshoot our computer issues, phone systems, and office equipment.
· Have proficiency with the latest technical programs to improve our office efficiency.
candidate qualifications & experience
· Bachelor’s Degree (or seven years experience performing this position’s requirements).
· Three or more years of work experience in similar or related positions. Experience in bookkeeping preferred.
· Proficient at working with others and developing productive interpersonal relationships
· Superior organizational skills to manage meeting logistics.
· Strong customer service skills, oral and written communication skills and professionalism.
· Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Successful experience coordinating multiple assignments, managing workload and following through on commitments within expected timeframes.
· Demonstrates initiative.
· Valid driver’s license with access to an insured vehicle.
· Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
· Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook; familiarity with Quickbooks and Salesforce a plus.
· Salary commensurate with experience
· Full medical, dental and vision benefits; voluntary 401(k) plan
· Exempt full-time position
Informing Change is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. Minorities and L/G/B/T/Q are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required