Details: Base salary plus bonuses based on sales milestones (up to 50% of the base)
2900 Lakeshore Avenue
Director of Sales for the Strozzi Institute is a full-time position with responsibilities critical to our success. This person will first and foremost own and drive the creation and success of our public course sales strategy. The ideal candidate will be an experienced sales professional with a deep passion for supporting the positive and transformational change that can take place in individuals, families, teams, organizations and communities when they embark on this work. This person will be an evangelist for bringing the embodied leadership methodology to a national and international audience.
This role requires a high performing director-level professional who can create and drive a long-term sales strategy, setup appropriate sales systems and sales teams to close sales and fill courses. This person will be committed to increasing our visibility as the first mover in the embodied leadership and somatic coaching space. This position requires someone highly skilled at enrollment and registration with individuals and groups both new to the work and wanting to continue their development with us. They will be able to leverage the reputation and accomplishments already achieved and position those accomplishments more visibly in conversations with our various constituents, including those in our three core markets: Personal development, Coaching, and Leadership.
The ideal candidate will also have experience and distinctions in personal development, life or business coaching, corporate leadership development and/or somatics. They will have a proven ability to be in conversations for possibility and transformation; to close sales and successfully move from enrollment to registration; have the requisite skills and sensitivity to gain the trust of the founder, a loyal staff and student community; give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s values, mission, strategy, and annual goals. They will also be a person of integrity and personal depth.
The Director of Sales will be a critical member of the leadership team and will report directly to the President.
Our public courses include:
- Embodied Leadership Pathway: EL1, EL2, EL3, Men’s School Of Embodied Leadership, Women’s School Of Embodied Leadership
- Somatic Coaching Certification: dual certification – somatics and ICF
- Master Somatic Coaching Certification
- Advanced Courses: Somatic Bodywork Seminars Level One & Two, Cultivating Mastery with Richard Strozzi, Somatics, Trauma and Resilience, Virtual Dojo, Movement & Stillness Meditation Retreat.
Our corporate solutions include executive team building, aligning culture during a merger or acquisition, inclusive leadership development, employee engagement, and team customer service & accountability.
The majority of public courses occur at our Rancho Strozzi training center in Petaluma California. Some courses occur annually on the east coast of the U.S., in Europe and Latin America. Our organizational solutions are currently offered in the North America and Europe.
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and execute a multi-year sales strategy to fill and grow public courses
- Manage and develop a small sales team (program advisors) that respond to and follow up on all incoming inquires, track, follow up and maintain relationships until registration through post course follow-up
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a real time sales pipeline report
- Manage the course subscriber list of the SI CRM, ensuring the capture, analysis and reporting of mission critical information that will inform our strategy
- Help set up, optimize, and innovate the CRM to successfully hold the Sales funnel and reporting.
- Develop and manage regional cultivation events with volunteer alumni practice groups
- Engage actively with one-on-one course sales conversations as needed, especially for higher-priced courses
- Devise and implement strategies (discounts, giveaways, etc.) to entice prospects and current students
- Develop strategic marketing PR opportunities through speaking opportunities, webinars and sponsorships when appropriate
- Work closely with all company stakeholders: teachers, trainees, staff, board and alumni to fulfill on the sales strategy and become ambassadors of enrollment at every conversion opportunity
- Set the annual public course calendar in collaboration with the President and the Director of Programs
- In partnership with Director of Programs, be accountable for all public course descriptions, benefits, features and pricing
- Partner with corporate sales to support the engagement of students and leads that migrate from public courses to corporate engagements
- Contribute ideas to the MarCom strategy in partnership with the leadership team
- Provide insight and ideas to digital marketing campaigns designed to bring more qualified leads into the Strozzi Institute funnel
- Responsible for helping to define when a lead is qualified to move into the Sales funnel
- Provide insight and ideas for social media strategies and content marketing strategies
- Be accountable for driving partnership marketing and speaking engagement PR;
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reports and forecasts
- Give input on the development of new public course solutions and campaigns
- Conduct general market research to keep abreast of trends and competitor marketing movements
- Participate directly in the annual strategic planning of the company in partnership with the President and Board of Directors of the company
- Director-level experience with revenue responsibilities
- Long term sales strategy development and execution
- Consultative sales success
- Partnership marketing experience
- Personal and/or leadership development experience
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse network of people
- Ability to work independently and creatively with a high degree of discretion, professionalism and confidentiality
- Strong CRM analysis and reporting competency
- Experience creating pipeline reports and configuring (albeit with the support of the database administrator) CRMs to work for Sales
- Outstanding customer-oriented approach with aptitude
- Personal or learning development background
Health insurance, 401k
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We are looking for someone who is interested in a 3-5 year commitment.
Deadline for Application – Position open until filled
If you are interested in this position, please first visit and thoroughly explore our website: www.strozziinstitute.com. Then submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and “SI Director of Sales” in the subject line, and submit cover letter, resume and writing samples as separate attachments. No phone calls, please.
It is the policy of Strozzi Institute to provide equal opportunity to all employees, applicants and program beneficiaries; to provide equal opportunity for advancement of employees; to provide program and employment facilities which are accessible to those with disabilities and to administer its programs in a manner that does not discriminate against any person because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, political affiliation or citizenship. All qualified applicants, including people of color, women, LGBTQ identified individuals, differently-abled, and those from all class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.