Education First actively engages our team with a robust Race, Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (RIDE) strategy to build our staff and organizational capacity to lead on issues of equity and to increase diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of the firm. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we strongly encourage applications from candidates of all races, national origin, age, religion, creed, veteran or disabled status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Executive Assistants serve as true partners ensuring senior team members can focus fully on managing the firm and client engagement. Senior leaders lean on their assistants not just for administrative assistance, but for strategic counsel, technical expertise, and critical analysis.
Executive Assistants are an essential part of our firm who provide direct executive support, thought partnership and project management for 3-6 senior leaders (80% of portfolio) and support for their teams (20%).
- Proactively prioritize and strategically multi-task various assignments simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for high volume scheduling and complex calendar management for 3-6 senior leaders, including scheduling project-specific meetings, internal meetings and populating calendars with appropriate information. Please Note: 70% of the portfolio involves strategic scheduling and calendar management.
- Support financial functions for expense reconciliation and reimbursement.
- Copyedit drafts and revisions for proposals and deliverables using PowerPoint, Word, and Excel to ensure they are “client-ready.”
- Complex travel and itinerary management (flight tracking, travel hiccups, in flight support, etc.)
- Strategic project team and sub-group meeting scheduling for hosts and participants including materials coordination and transcription of meeting notes as assigned.
- Project support, as assigned (e.g., agenda prep, meeting materials, note taking, strategy and next steps, reports and PowerPoint presentations)
- Coordinate logistics for meetings (e.g., catering, supplies, restaurant research and reservations, meeting room setup including A/V, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Help to develop and/or maintain surveys including Home Team surveys and project close debrief surveys
- Design support for Excel/Google Sheets, PowerPoint/Google Slides and Word/Google Docs
- Assist with maintenance of file sharing platforms
- Troubleshoot basic technology issues and access external IT support when employees have major technology needs
- Help build regular culture enriching team activities
- Participate in other activities as needed to support firm operations and culture (e.g., managing birthday/life event gifts)
POSITION REQUIREMENTS - Experience & Qualifications
- At least 4 years experience working in a fast-paced high volume environment that requires precise communication, both orally and in writing, with a solutions focus and customer service orientation.
- Detail orientated with prior experience managing high volume calendars and scheduling for multiple individuals across many time zones preferred.
- Experience working collaboratively in team environments that require strong interpersonal skills and leading through influence amongst diverse populations while demonstrating emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative—while remaining calm under pressure, identifying and acting upon the critical few tasks when faced with competing priorities.
- Persistent, resourceful problem-solving with excitement to take on challenges.
- Flexible and good humored in a deadline-driven, results-oriented culture in an organization on the move and always striving for excellence.
- Can quickly adapt to learning new technology as necessary (we use MS Office Suite, with an emphasis on Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel, in addition to Google Suite, SharePoint, Concur, Salesforce and others).
- Prior experience scheduling complex travel arrangements and compiling expenses preferred.
- Prior virtual employment experience is a plus!
Who You Are
- A resourceful problem solver who is able to anticipate and adjust for unexpected barriers to success
- You proactively and strategically multi-task a high volume of assignments
- You follow through on issues in a timely manner and with minimum supervision
- You lead by influence - establishing open lines of communication and understanding and including the perspectives of others
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage projects on tight deadlines with quality
- You are practiced in making quality decisions under pressure
Location, Travel & Compensation
You will primarily work from home, but you should be able to travel for firmwide engagements a few times a year (roughly 5-10% of the time) once it is safe to do so from a public health perspective.
Education First offers a market-based competitive salary, comprehensive and generous benefits package (including PPO health insurance, six weeks of paid time off/holidays and extended leave), work-life flexibility and professional development opportunities. The salary range for this position is $57,000 - $77,000 (with 20% of the offer supplemented by local market trends if that market is higher than the national market). We typically set initial starting salaries between the minimum and the 25th percentile of the pay range ($57,000 - $62,000) to ensure there is room for growth over time.
We are excited to receive applications from a broad range of applicants as we grow our team to better reflect the diversity of the communities our firm is committed to serve. Enthusiastic candidates should apply online to submit their resume and their responses to each of the following prompts within the application portal, in lieu of a cover letter:
- After reviewing our firm’s mission, how does it relate to your background and experience? What connects you to our mission?
- Given what you know about the Executive Assistant position, what three strengths would you employ that will contribute to your success in this role?
- In contrast, what areas of development do you see you may need to pursue, as it relates to our job description, to be successful as an Executive Assistant at our firm?
- Aside from being organized and a people person, what sets you apart from other Executive Assistants? What is your superpower?
- Describe an experience where you had to support multiple leaders with many competing priorities in a fast paced high volume environment. How many people did you support, how did you handle those competing priorities and keep them all organized?
- On a scale of 1-5 (1 being “Basic” and 5 being “Advanced”), rate your fluency of the following programs:
- MS Office Suite
- Google Suite
- In what areas, would you need additional development?
We do not expect you to spend a lengthy amount of time completing each question. Instead, we are looking for succinct responses (no more than 1-2 short paragraphs per question). Please submit all completed application materials by April 30, 2021.
We plan to conduct screening interviews on a rolling basis and share performance tasks with select candidates by mid-April. Interviews with top candidates will occur in early May, and we will make an offer by the end of May. Ideally, we’d like our newest Executive Assistants to start no later than mid-June. Please, no phone calls, emails or other inquiries.
POSITION PAY RANGE-57,000 - 77,000 FULL-TIME/PART-TIME-Full-Time