Director, Social Impact Campaign Implementation
We are a small but growing team and whose work heavily focuses on strategy development prior to implementation, which many of our clients have handled themselves through existing relationships. Now, more of our clients are seeking our help to lead implementation, we’re handling larger and more complex projects, and we have a need to bolster our in-house implementation capabilities and manage the work as a growing profit center. While the demand for implementation and production support is strong, the Director is responsible for additional business development tied to this important service and revenue channel.
The Director, Social Impact Campaign Implementation oversees the day-to-day project implementation across Neimand Collaborative’s wide-ranging portfolio of clients and sectors by developing innovative and efficient strategies to meet and deliver upon both the firm’s and our client’s objectives. The Director simultaneously manages and cultivates vendors and team members to think creatively, collaboratively, and effectively. This position is also responsible for strategically addressing and preventing issues that might arise throughout the project management process that would negatively affect our client’s ability to achieve social impact.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage the implementation of client work across all portfolios, streamlining implementation processes, timelines, strategies, and project platforms to deliver the most efficient and quality deliverables.
- Lead and manage weekly internal production meetings with the Neimand team. Proactively find ways to optimize production, execution, and implementation tied to printing and other collateral design strategies.
- Serve as the primary lead between implementation and measurement (dashboard/evaluation) strategies.
- Identify strategies and manage vendors essential to implementing communication and philanthropy planning goals. Ensure each project is on time and within the client’s allotted budget.
- Organize and manage financial aspects of accounts tied to campaign implementation, including budget development. Oversee any contractual drafting, evaluation, negotiation, and execution with clients, employees, vendors, and independent contractors that affect implementation goals in partnership with the Senior Leadership team broadly, and in particular the VP Operations.
Leadership and Strategy
- Serve as a key member of Neimand Collaborative’s team, contributing to overall organizational strategies and representing the priorities of the functions related to operating, sustaining, improving our sustained growth and well-being tied to campaign implementation strategies.
- Participate in promoting an organizational culture that values long‐term strategic thinking, creativity/innovation, collaboration, and high performance.
- Employ and model key processes and programs that support an office‐wide focus on collaboration, efficiencies, and metrics‐based performance outcomes, in addition to primary role responsibilities.
- Oversee and direct multiple, large scale, or highly complex projects, ensuring that they meet or exceed internal team and client expectations and are delivered on-time and on-budget
- Set an overall vision for assigned projects; leading all aspects of execution: scope, risk, schedule, budget, quality, and communication to stakeholders’ fullest satisfaction.
- Lead and support the team’s ability to significantly increase the number of potential prospective clients for Neimand Collaborative to build a more robust revenue channel tied to campaign implementation.
- Drive and support the prospecting of new client development through research and relationships.
- Ensure that existing relationships with clients and vendors are on track and poised for future business development.
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of overall professional experience with 3+ years in an implementation/production role, ideally in an agency setting.
- Ability to implement complex projects. You’re a confident project manager, leading and executing a portfolio of interconnected projects with close attention to detail across multiple stakeholders.
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings
- Comfort with ambiguity and experience building new things (whether that may be, e.g. start-up, new business unit, new campaign, etc.).
- A track record designing and executing large-scale campaigns/products/initiatives with measurable results (e.g. experience with competitive analysis, consumer insights, positioning, and business model creation).
- A Learning Mindset. You desire continuous improvement, have an innate sense of curiosity, and are grounded by a foundation of self-awareness that provides space for learning and growth.
- A Passion for Social Change. You are driven by the desire to contribute to making change in our society. You’re interested in social change theories and putting those theories into practice.
Who you are
- A Mobilizer: You’ve got that rare mix of vision and tactics that makes other leaders admire you. You've managed multiple teams on a range of different projects, but you're not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get in the trenches yourself.
- Resourceful & Adaptable: You’re at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions to obstacles. You can juggle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritizing.
- Ambitious and Tenacious: You thrive with ambitious goals and metrics ahead of you and you won’t stop until they’re met.
- An Effective Collaborator: You’ve successfully worked across cultural lines on a global team and you have the ability to operate in complex situations. You can easily gain trust from team members and are known for supporting them to ensure they are set up for success.
- A Structured Delegator: You give clear, well-defined instructions, and rely on people to own significant responsibilities, and you hold them accountable. Your scope is less of a manager and more of a "player-coach" and deeply engaged cross-collaborator who is probing issues and execution rigorously and ensuring that systems and processes are in place to service clients.