915 15th Street, NW
Do you have a passion for progressive causes and want to make a difference in the world? Do you have a commitment to providing excellent customer service, great attention to detail, finely-honed problem-solving skills, and a high degree of intellectual curiosity? Do you want to play a part in executing complex, multi-channel fundraising campaigns for the country’s top progressive nonprofit advocacy and political organizations? Do you thrive in a process- and team-oriented environment? ABD Direct is a full service direct marketing fundraising firm looking for two Account Assistants to play critical roles supporting complex account teams working for some of the most inspiring causes in the country. The ideal candidates must have a passion for helping progressive causes, outstanding project management skills and a commitment to providing excellent client service to our partners. Experience working in direct response fundraising is helpful.
The Account Assistant is a key member of a team which includes and Account Executive, Strategist and Creative Director and is responsible for the day-to-day coordination and implementation of integrated direct marketing programs for ABD Direct clients.
- Day to day coordination of multiple integrated direct marketing campaigns including:
- Schedule management and trafficking of all components of a campaign
- Assist in the development, review and editing of copy, telemarketing scripts and art
- Serve as primary point person for coordination of direct mail packages and production with in-house or out-of-house production teams
- Participate in developing cost estimates and manage projects to budget
- Quality control for production of all packages
- Telemarketing campaign management and coordination
- Participates in all client calls and meetings
- Assists with meeting coordination, management and follow-up
- Additional administrative responsibilities as assigned
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 1-2 years experience in a professional setting
- Strong project management skills – adept at planning, prioritizing, organizing and executing deadline-oriented projects.
- Proven experience multi-tasking and managing a high volume of projects simultaneously.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Able to develop and maintain quality control systems.
- Able to work independently in a changing environment, meet tight deadlines.
- Superior critical thinking skills. The ability to exercise good judgment and decision making to set and meet results-oriented goals.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to relate to colleagues, clients and other partners.
We offer a supportive yet fast-paced work environment with excellent opportunities to learn and to advance. Benefits include health care coverage, commuter benefits, the ability to work from home as approved, and matching 401k retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required