102 W Roy Street
Ostara seeks a full-time Consultant to focus on grant research, writing, management, and strategy. Our dynamic team-based approach is designed to support a fast-paced work environment that requires attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to problem-solve on the go. The Consultant will work with multiple clients and team members, in project lead and supporting roles, at any given time.
Applicant must be a highly independent, self-motivated grant-writer with substantial experience in project management and research. Superior writing, grammar, and editing skills are mandatory, as well as the ability to maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive and private information. Ostara's customized approach is tailored to each client so responsibilities will vary, usually including some combination of grant prospect research, grant strategy development, budget development, grant writing, and grant reporting. Applicant will be expected to follow Ostara style guidelines, and participate in the ongoing evolution of our best practices. Applicant must also demonstrate a willingness to work in multiple locations, often at the offices of multiple clients and remotely, as well as impeccable scheduling and time management skills.
In addition to client-facing work described above, the Consultant will participate actively and regularly in The Ostara Group’s internal meetings, events, workgroups and task forces. They will be asked to contribute from their perspective to the evaluation of project success and our ongoing operations as a company.
This position will be a full time, salaried position. The full salary range for a Consultant at Ostara is $50K to $70K. Ostara works hard to build and preserve a warm and supportive culture, and also offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, 22 days annual PTO, $500 annual professional development stipend, and transportation and meal reimbursements.
Level of Language Proficiency
· A minimum of three years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising, including a minimum of two years’ experience specifically in grant writing and reporting
· Experience with and passion for prospect research and information organization skills strongly preferred
· Experience in a consulting setting strongly preferred; in the absence of relevant consulting experience, candidates must have strong aptitude for learning new systems and work styles, as well as all of the skills described below
· Paramount attention to detail in all aspects of writing, editing, timelines, targeting grant eligibility and guidelines, and assessing impact, financial, and strategic information as it relates to grant work
· Ability to write in a compelling and precise manner, often for multiple clients/sectors at a time
· Desire to drive projects independently as well as closely collaborate on projects, depending on the circumstances
· Sophisticated project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and responsibilities with ease, forethought, and accuracy
· Critical thinker with strong patience, curiosity, and problem solving skills
· Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to be punctual, consistently set and meet deadlines, and coach clients in building their time-management skills
· Ability to maintain a calm, positive attitude in complicated, challenging situations
· Willingness to solicit and utilize constructive criticism and guidance from both Ostara colleagues and clients regarding writing style, technique, and voice
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with individuals and groups of varying size
· Creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and flexibility
· Strong familiarity with Word, Excel, Adobe, Google Docs, Dropbox and CRM databases
· An understanding of philanthropic culture in the Northwest is strongly preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Brittany Kirk, Senior Consultant and Grants Team Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be open until filled. Priority will be given to applications received by April 20, 2018. The start date for this position is no later than Monday, June 25th.