Public Works Partners is a planning and consulting firm in NYC guided by its mission to serve public sector and nonprofit clients. We organize our work into two areas – Organizational Health and Community Health – and work with civic leaders including government agencies, nonprofits, real estate developers, urban planners, architects, and engineering firms.
We are committed to creating a team that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefit package. Work in an exciting culture with an innovative team at a mission-driven organization. Our most successful candidates will:
• Thrive when given the space to bring nimble, creative approaches to the thorniest problems;
• Enthusiastically tackle tasks big and small; and
• Inevitably wind up talking about public policy at parties.
Senior Manager/Engagement Lead
Public Works Partners is looking for a strategic and analytical leader to lead high-profile engagements with clients, including public sector agencies and major nonprofit organizations. As a member of the firm’s senior team, the Senior Manager will play a key role in supporting the company’s growth, cultivating new clients, and delivering dynamic consulting engagements. This opportunity demands a vision for building out a robust, mission-oriented consulting practice, creative problem-solving, and an entrepreneurial mindset. The ideal Senior Manager should be innovative and curious, a superb communicator, adept manager, and expert in his/her field. She or he would also have experience leading complex, multi-stakeholder initiatives.
Essential for your success:
• Demonstrated success keeping projects on-time and on-budget, including experience using standard project management tools and approaches to monitor a project’s progress
• Skill in managing multiple diverse activities simultaneously, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment
• Strong customer focus and ability to discern and meet the needs of a diverse client base
• Demonstrated experience managing and coaching teams to successful project outcomes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate concisely and persuasively and represent the firm among a variety of audiences
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to negotiate complex multi-stakeholder environments and effectively communicate with the client and external stakeholders, including representatives from federal, state, and local government agencies
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, and experience giving instruction to staff regarding data collection, organization, cleaning, and analysis
• Experience working with non-profit organizations and/or government agencies, particularly New York City and State
• 8-10 years of progressive professional experience; supervisory positions preferred
• Undergraduate degree in a related field; graduate degree in public policy or administration, management, urban planning, or related field preferred
The ideal candidate would possess one or more of the following:
• Experience working with populations that reflect the diversity of New York City and State, and engaging with communities and stakeholders on a range of sensitive issues
• Experience designing and implementing new programs or managing program evaluation
• Experience with performance management, including data capture and the creation and management of performance monitoring tools
• Experience with public sector financial management
This position will be based at the Public Works Partners office in New York City with flexibility for remote work. Travel to events in New York City and other locations may be required.
Public Works Partners is a planning and consulting firm in NYC guided by its mission to serve public sector and nonprofit clients. We organize our work into two areas – Organizational Health and Community Health – and work with civic leaders…
Public Works Partners offers:
Public Works Partners offers: