Location: New York, NY or Bronx, NY
Estimated Salary: $60,000 - $70,000
Fair Labor Standards Act: Exempt
Hours: Full-Time, Monday- Friday, and occasional evenings and Saturdays.
Epiphany Blue’s mission is to create memorable experiences that transform lives. We produce engaging events designed to educate, entertain, and empower. In addition to our event planning proficiency, our team is experienced in developing and executing personal and professional development workshops and programs. Our clients receive services executed at the highest level of detail, innovation, and professionalism, as we bring their vision to life!
We are committed to providing our team with a creative, engaging, educational, and rewarding work environment. We welcome those who have a passion for managing events for youth and adults, creativity, organization, and growing within a dynamic company to review the below job description and learn more about Epiphany Blue!
Who are we looking for?
Epiphany Blue seeks a dynamic Community School Director to serve as the program lead at a 21st CCLC-funded school site. The ideal candidate is a highly skilled collaborator, organizer, communicator, and strategic leader who is passionate about helping students and families achieve academic and personal goals. The Community School Director plays an integral role in ensuring that programming at the school site meets the goals, objectives, and requirements outlined by the 21st CCLC grant, while ensuring that strong relationships are developed and maintained with school leadership, students, parents, Community-based Organizations (“CBOs”) partners, and other interested parties.
- In partnership with school leadership and partner CBOs at the school site, lead the development of programs and schedules and ensure programming is linked to the goals and objectives of the grant.
- Develop and maintain strong and productive relationships with school staff, students, parents, and CBO partners at the school site.
- Manage and supervise the on-site Epiphany Blue team, including training, running team meetings, approving timesheets, and approving invoices and expense reports.
- Spearhead and manage the enrollment process, attendance/participation data collection, and data entry into EZ Reports.
- Review and analyze student data to ensure contractual requirements regarding enrollment and attendance are met. Develop new strategies and plan for continuous improvement as needed.
- Capture, organize, and analyze the school’s needs assessment data and seek input from school staff, parents, students, and CBO partners to assess the ongoing needs of students and their families.
- Work cooperatively with the independent evaluator in the research and evaluation component.
- Create and manage a budget plan supporting program needs and ensuring timely spending.
- Oversee the recruitment, enrollment, and retention of students for programming.
- Engage families and caregivers in understanding and supporting the education of their youth.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with school administration and leadership teams, PTAs, student
- leaders, and CBO partners at the school site.
- Coordinate and attend quarterly collaborative planning meetings with all interested parties.
- Participate in all school leadership meetings, school community meetings, and specialized meetings.
- Spearhead communication with parents/families via their preferred method of correspondence.
- Research, identify, secure, and maintain relationships with community resources and partners to
- support programming or provide family assistance.
- Utilize positive youth development resources to improve student attendance, behavior and/or academic
- Participate in or lead the planning and execution of program or school events.
- Ensure compliance with all New York City Department of Education and Department of Mental Health
- and Hygiene regulations. Monitor student attendance, ratios, and program safety for Epiphany Blue and the 21 CCLC programs.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Education, Business, or related field from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of two years of experience with the following:
- Developing, coordinating, and managing programs for teens and families in a high school setting.
- Managing and supervising staff, including training and performance evaluation. o Creating and managing budgets.
- Experience in implementing and managing diverse and culturally competent youth service programs in New York City Department of Education school sites, preferably high school.
- Well-versed in working collaboratively with school administration and leadership teams, parents and families, and other CBO partners at the school site.
- Ability to engage and build relationships with adolescents and families.
- Familiar with Socio-Emotional and Trauma-Informed practices.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and leadership skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively with team members.
- Innovative strategic thinker and problem solver.
- Demonstrated ability in event and program planning.
- Knowledgeable in planning and executing program activities and events.
- Excellent computer skills and a high level of computer literacy.
- Proficient in Apple operating systems, Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, cloud file sharing, and video
- conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Google Meets, Microsoft Teams, and Webex.
- Bilingual/Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
*All potential employees must have fingerprinting and background checks conducted by the New York City Department of Education and be fully COVID-19 vaccinated, including booster.
Epiphany Blue is an equal opportunity employer.