Details: Salary and benefits competitive for entry-level position
1820 Fort Myer Drive
Development Resources inc. (DRi), a DC-based executive search and development cosnulting firm for non-profits, has a unique opportunity for an exceptionally organized associate with outstanding interpersonal skills.
Since 2001, DRi has provided services to help non-profits located across the country and around the world to thrive, excel, and grow. We are founded on the belief that non-profits make the world a significantly better place, and that the work they do every day is too important to forego the resources they need to fulfill their missions. We offer executive search, fundraising consulting, and strategic planning services to support a roster of non-profit clients that includes such renowned organizations as Habitat for Humanity, the Southern Poverty Law Center, the National Gallery of Art, and the Wildlife Conservation Society. DRi’s executive search practice helps non-profits design effective staff structures and identify and recruit outstanding leaders who will help make the world a better place.
DRi has an opening for an Executive Assistant to its President & CEO. This position plays a critical role in managing the logistics of DRi’s engagements, serves as an external face of our company, and coordinates with non-profit clients and with potential executive search candidates. Through this process, the Assistant helps guarantee positive outcomes in specific assignments while cultivating long-term relationships that are essential to DRi’s ability to support the non-profit sector.
For the right person, this position is a unique opportunity to develop critical career skills, including the ability to:
- Be a confident representative to high-level leaders and staff, including CEOs, Executive Directors, and Vice Presidents.
- Make wise judgments in a fast-paced business environment.
- Orchestrate a long-term process that requires the input and coordination of people in various roles from multiple organizations.
- Handle confidential information with impeccable sensitivity and discretion.
- Foster effective working relationships with people of different temperaments and needs.
The Executive Assistant’s more specific responsibilities include the following key tasks:
- Create and maintain all aspects of the President/CEO’s daily calendar, including on- and off-site appointments, travel arrangements, and staff meetings.
- Schedule and confirm events and compile appropriate preparatory materials.
Client and Candidate Relations
- Represent the President/CEO and DRi to potential and existing clients, acting with professionalism and a customer service orientation in all interactions.
- Act as the liaison between candidates and client for each search by sending follow-up materials, keeping candidates engaged, and scheduling interviews.
- Maintain the internal database on a daily basis, including candidate information, meeting notes, and feedback.
- Field general calls to the DRi office.
- Provide other administrative support as needed.
- Produce contracts for new clients and update administrative materials for current clients.
- Prepare presentations to be delivered by the President/CEO.
- Develop other documents as needed.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of work experience. Candidates should have all the skills necessary to thrive in a fast-paced team-based culture, including a high degree of organization, an ability to take direction in an evolving environment, an aptitude for approaching problems/tasks in a methodical and efficient way, and a willingness to proactively contribute to collective goals. Ideal candidates will be tactful and articulate both internally and externally.
Work Environment and Benefits
DRi’s Arlington, VA headquarters offers a team-based environment in which our 10 staff members have a close working relationship with each other and with the firm’s two founders, who serve as its CEO and COO. We hold an all-staff meeting every week, celebrate each other’s birthdays, and have been known to go together to Star Wars premiers and lunches in Georgetown (just a 5-minute drive away across the Francis Scott Key Bridge). We are conveniently located across the street from the Rosslyn metro station in a building with a private parking garage, and a monthly travel reimbursement is available either for public transportation or for parking. DRi employees also receive fully subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance premiums; our plan allows us to choose doctors throughout the DMV area.
DRi’s Arlington, VA headquarters offers a team-based environment in which our 10 staff members have a close working relationship with each other and with the firm’s two founders, who serve as its CEO and COO. We hold an all-staff meeting every week, celebrate each other’s birthdays, and have been known to go together to Star Wars premiers and lunches in Georgetown (just a 5-minute drive away across the Francis Scott Key Bridge).
We are conveniently located across the street from the Rosslyn metro station in a building with a private parking garage, and a $100 monthly travel reimbursement is available either for parking or for public transportation. DRi employees receive fully subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance premiums in a plan that provides full coverage throughout the DMV area. New employees receive 13 paid days off as well as 10 company holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required