43 W 24th Street
New York City
For over 25 years, LaPlaca Cohen has helped many of the world's leading cultural and creative organizations build powerful connections and achieve greater impact through strategy, branding, design, advertising, and media solutions. We have been privileged to work with an unrivalled roster of leading museums, performing arts organizations, architecture firms, universities, orchestras, dance companies, botanical gardens, and foundations.
We are looking for an Account Manager to develop and nurture client relationships; coordinate all advertising, design, and media work streams in-house to bring these initiatives to life; and keep a finger on the pulse of industry, marketing and media trends to help build our services and add value for our clients. This role will require enthusiastic teamwork; strategic and analytical thinking; adaptability to ever-changing project types and requirements; and powerful communication, leadership, and presentation skills.
The Account Manager reports directly to the Associate Account Director, and is accountable for the following responsibilities:
Client / Project Management, Coordination and Support:
• Lead a selection of client projects and support other projects as required.
• Act as an essential partner for clients (both in an oversight and day-to-day role) in project planning, identifying new opportunities, troubleshooting problems as they arise, weighing in on key decisions, and ensuring that client expectations are set and met.
• Look for opportunities to educate clients about new possibilities and capabilities in advertising, marketing, and media strategies.
• Ensure that all design and media assets and plans are delivered on time, to specification, within budget, and to LaPlaca Cohen’s standard of excellence.
• Create and implement creative briefs, and ensure that all creative concepts are on-strategy. Manage budget, billing, and timelines.
• Participate in work sessions to help generate ideas and concepts for integrated marketing campaigns. Develop strategic rationales to sell in these concepts to clients.
• Translate business objectives and ongoing consumer / market trends, insights, and research into actionable marketing, media, and communication recommendations and presentations.
• Assist in new business initiatives including proposals, presentations, and research.
We are dedicated to expansive, multidisciplinary, collaborative solutions, and we welcome applicants with strong account management backgrounds who could make a powerful contribution to our work.
• 2-5 years of full time Account Management or related Project Management experience in the fields of marketing and advertising.
• Exceptional research, communications, problem-solving, client-management, presentation, and writing skills.
• Ability to manage simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and collaboratively.
• Dedication to and passion for the cultural and creative world.
• B.A. required.
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Keynote.
Medical and dental, summer Fridays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required