Senior Human Resources Associate, Culture and Talent
You are mission driven and action oriented. You love to get involved, and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
Arabella Advisors is seeking an organized and results-driven Senior Human Resources Associate to assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources and payroll functions and duties. The Senior Human Resources Associate carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: departmental development, HRIS, payroll, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organization development, executive administration, compliance and employment.
Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Provide exceptional day-to-day HR-related customer service to staff.
- Support benefits administration, and communicating benefit information to employees including, but not limited to, responding to specific inquiries via the general HR Inbox.
- Administer payroll.
- Audit employee information to ensure accuracy with vendors and reconcile with Finance.
- May act as intermediary with benefit carries and employees to assist in problem resolution.
- Assist with full life-cycle of the employee, including but not limited to onboarding, job changes, and terminations.
- Support employee safety, welfare, wellness, health reporting and employee services.
- Maintain and update personnel records in compliance with Arabella and legal requirements; enter accurate data into all HR information systems.
- Manage employee change requests and process paperwork.
- Participate in developing and supporting department goals and objectives.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect confidentiality of personnel data.
- Run personnel reports.
- Assist with new hire onboarding, including participating in New Employee Orientation.
- Special projects as necessary.
- Work with the culture team to develop new ways to maintain and enhance the Arabella culture.
- Support and track monthly culture events at the firm.
- Help coordinate the buddy program.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- 2 or more years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with processing payroll.
- Working knowledge of HRIS and/or benefits programs required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to create effective presentations, training materials and/or toolkits.
- High level of comfort with data systems, such as HRIS, Salesforce or other databases.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to take a thoughtful approach to addressing challenges quickly, efficiently and without compromising excellence.
- Demonstrate sound professional judgment and confidence.
- Experience managing high volume of tasks with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong customer service mentality and high degree of integrity, confidentiality, accountability, and emotional intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in human resources; demonstrated interest in the field of Human Resources required.
- Experience in a progressive, mission-driven and entrepreneurial environment is preferred.
- Candidates with optimism and adaptability preferred.
Our Core Competencies:
- [Service Excellence] Ability to provide excellent, including the ability to efficiently and independently address routine service matters, to suggest effective client-centered solutions when elevating challenges or concerns, and to understand how the team can operate to maintain high-quality service.
- [Project and Task Management] The ability to complete complex tasks, to use a work plan to undertake projects, and to understand how those projects impact the client, team, and/or firm’s objectives
- [Stakeholder Management] The ability to understand stakeholders’ perspectives and circumstances, and to build and manage strong relationships that reflect that understanding.
- [Communication] The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, including the ability to adapt style, tone, and content to various audiences; to make technical information assessible to broader audiences; and to collaborate with others to produce strong written deliverables
- [Collaboration] The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including knowing when and how to compromise, being willing to proactively help colleagues, and sharing knowledge in various mediums
- [Continuous Learning] An enthusiasm for taking on stretch and development opportunities, including the ability to accept feedback and use it to improve performance
- [Resourcefulness] The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including knowing when to elevate challenges along with possible solutions
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and standing desks and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to six federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.