The Sales Manager is responsible for leading a 2 - 3 person sales team for a rapidly growing client portfolio of events in the cannabis industry. We are looking for a leader who is focused on creating relationships throughout the cannabis community. The role is perfect for a player/coach who excels at both selling and developing sales talent to deliver on overall growth for the event portfolio. Day to day work includes – active sales, portfolio management, sales management of 2-3 other salespeople on assigned team. This individual will need to collaborate with our event operations team to ensure we meet shared goals for both exhibit and sponsorship sales.
The event portfolio is a mix of national and regional cannabis events in North America. The B2B cannabis industry is one of the fastest growing industry sectors. This individual will be responsible external client management and leading a team of sales account executives to deliver exhibit and event sponsorship revenue.
We are looking for a proven event sales leader who excels at sales strategy, sales management, industry building relationship management and creative execution.
- Meet regularly with event operations team to understand major priorities and goals, report sales progress, collaborate on new sales and sponsorship ideas to generate revenue
- Work with our event operations team to develop new products to drive exhibit and sponsorship revenue
- Coordinate with other cross functional team including marketing and finance on shared needs impacting exhibit and sponsorships
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the assigned 2-3 person sales team including meeting with each individual to ensure the development of sales plan, accountability to meet and exceed defined goals, call observation, annual reviews;
- Coach and develop assigned sales account executives at various stage of their career
- Actively sell and deliver a portion revenue for the portfolio
- Manage needed administrative functions including reporting, forecasting, process development, budget planning, travel planning and marketing planning for assigned teams.
- Goal-oriented, creative problem solver
- High degree of emotional intelligence and an innate tendency to stick with it
- Strategic thinker with ability to multi-task and adhere to timelines and deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to adjust your communication style for internal and external audiences
- Solution-based sales experience and the ability to deliver and coach to a consultative sales approach
- Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions
- Creative, curious, positive, high energy level, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment.
- 3-5 years sales experience in a professional services environment plus 1-2 years of management experience
- College graduate
- Demonstrated success in corporate partnerships, sponsorship, exhibit and/or advertising sales
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Teams, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Salesforce & A2Z/Personify experience preferred
- Ability to travel for client meetings and events
- Communicate effectively with external clients and internal team members to drive sales results.
MCI USA is an established, family-friendly company offering outstanding benefits and significant growth opportunities.
- 13 paid Company Holidays, including closure Christmas Eve - New Year’s Day
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Supplementary Insurances
- Employer paid Group Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employer paid Family Building Benefit (fertility, adoption, & surrogacy)
- Employer paid Mental Health Benefit
- Pet Discount Program
Proof of vaccination or an approved exemption on the basis of disability or religion must be obtained prior to start date. Successful applicants should contact the People & Culture team if they are interested in learning more about MCI USA’s vaccination requirement.
Candidates must of authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
BIPOC applicants are encouraged to apply.