15550 Stephen S Wise Drive
Stephen Wise Temple and School
Founded in 1964, Stephen Wise Temple is one of the largest Reform Jewish synagogues and schools in the world. The Wise community consists of a thriving congregation; Wise School (a top-tier K-6 elementary school and Early Childhood Center); Center for Youth Engagement (including Religious School, teen programming and Camp Wise); weekly worship services; and over 100 opportunities for deep learning, tikkun olam (helping those in need), and Jewish engagement throughout the year. With 1,800 member families and more than 170 employees, Wise is known for its extensive educational, spiritual, and musical programs designed for individuals, couples, and families at all stages of life.
The Wise campus is located on 19 beautiful acres atop the Mulholland Corridor of the Santa Monica Mountains and includes the new, state-of-the-art Katz Family Pavilion for daily athletic activities and diverse major events. The community founded by Rabbi Isaiah Zeldin is now led by Rabbi Yoshi Zweiback and a committed team of educators, administrators, and lay volunteers.
Wise makes meaning and changes the world.
Stephen Wise Temple is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and detail-oriented Communications Coordinator to help manage the expanding marketing and communications needs for its 1,800-member Reform Jewish community, Early Childhood and Elementary School, and Religious School. This position bridges all aspects of the Wise community and the right individual will have a passion for innovative marketing and communications strategies, a deep belief in using multiple platforms to send a unified message, and a strong interest in telling the organization’s story through creative materials, engaging email campaigns, social media, and more.
· Create and maintain communications calendar
· Track new and ongoing projects (print and graphics) from creation to completion and beyond
· Manage in-house printing processes, supplies, equipment
· Act as liaison to all departments, serving as production manager for graphics and print projects
· Manage outdoor/front-of-house: signage and signage fixtures (permanent and temporary), electronic displays, promotional material displays
· Track and work within annual budget of communications and marketing efforts
· Manage relationships with print and graphics vendors, handling quoting and payment processes
Web, Email, and Mail Communications
· Design and deploy email communications
· Assist with direct mail campaigns
· Write content for web site, blog, emails, social media as needed
· Manage CRM effectively for marketing purposes including creating new target lists and reports for maximizing communications efforts
· Email tracking: monitor open, click, bounce rates and provide regular reports to maximize efficiency and stronger content creation
· Assist in SEM campaigns and SEO for all sites
Social Media, Customer Service, Administrative
· Content creation and scheduling for all social media platforms in use
· Manage customer service presence via social media
· Assist with incoming phone calls
· Serve as administrative assistant for Communications Department
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, writing, or a related discipline
- Detail-orientation with excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with congregants, staff, and lay leaders
- Effective written and oral communication as well as a creative approach to marketing copy
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent judgment, including high-level skills in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, CRM/database programs, basic HTML
· Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google AdWords
- Graphic design experience and knowledge of Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite
- Assiduous in the practice of confidentiality, tact, and discretion
- Congregant (customer) focus with a friendly demeanor
- Passion for the work of synagogues/religious institutions, schools, or nonprofits highly desirable
· Knowledge of and interest in the Jewish community a plus
· Working knowledge of Hebrew, Farsi, Spanish a plus
· Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
Must desire to make meaning and change the world.
Stephen Wise Temple is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our strategic HR partner, RSJ/Swenson will be conducting the candidate screening process.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Excellent benefits package
Level of Language Proficiency
Working knowledge of Hebrew, Spanish or Farsi a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please use this link: