Grassroots Campaigns is hiring a Payroll Coordinator to join the Finance team.
Grassroots Campaigns uses face-to- face outreach to rally average Americans behind issues like civil liberties, environmental protection, LGBT equality, poverty and social justice. Our firm partners with other political organizations to run their membership, fundraising and field organizing campaigns.From our early, game-changing work with the DNC and MoveOn, to our more recent partnerships with the ACLU, Southern Poverty Law Center and Planned Parenthood, Grassroots Campaigns has become a prominent force for the progressive movement.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, self-motivated and pays great attention to detail. They will have a desire for progressive change and ideals will align with those of Grassroots Campaigns. Proficiency with Excel and solid computer skills are required.
Assist with daily expedites
- Audit, calculate and print pay checks as needed on daily basis for expedited pay
- Create adjustments to pay as needed
Maintain payroll records
- Expedited checks
- Voided and expired checks
- Mailed checks
- W2s and 1099s
Processing multi-state bi-weekly payroll
- Collect pay and time sheets
- Pay audit
- Process company’s payroll
- Sorting and checking checks
- Record QB Journal Entries
- Answers phones, emails, and standard mail
- Track and maintain sick pay benefits and eligibility, including loan assistance, sick,vacation, and holiday pay.
- Track HC eligibility
- Represent company in some legal proceedings
- Office Performance, Wage ratios and averages
- Budgeted Hours
Location: The position is available immediately in Boston, MA
Grassroots Campaigns provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Grassroots Campaigns complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement,promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Minimum Education Required