Details: Salary Based on Experience
1140 3rd Street Northeast
District of Columbia
Government Relations Associate
Center Road Solutions is seeking an entry-level, full-time government relations associate to wear many hats- leading our Congressional events, grassroots outreach, policy research and business operations to further our government relations advocacy with nonprofits like Sandy Hook Promise and the National Eating Disorders Association. This position will start in early 2019. This is an entry-level position, ideal for a recent undergraduate with significant work/internship experience or 1-2 years’ work experience out of undergraduate school. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment, grasp policy concepts quickly, and work collaboratively with the entire Center Road team.
About Center Road Solutions
Built on integrity, bipartisanship, and results, Center Road Solutions is a woman-owned, boutique public policy firm committed to working across the aisle to develop, drive, and achieve lasting change for nonprofits, foundations, and socially responsible businesses. Clients include nonprofits such as Sandy Hook Promise, National Eating Disorders Association and Harvard University’s STRIPED. Recent victories include the passage of the STOP School Violence Act, funding for military eating disorders research, a new Center of Excellence for Eating Disorders and more.
The government relations association, who is based in DC and reports to the Managing Principal while collaborating with the firm’s Directors, is responsible for the following:
- • Leading logistical planning and scheduling for Congressional Hill Days, Congressional Briefings, Client in-district visits from Members of Congress and their staff, and related government relations events (30%)
- • Managing client constituent/advocate grassroots outreach and coordination to advance policy (30%)
- • Researching policy and academic research and information to assist in government relations team policy initiatives (25%)
- • Leading business-related operations and social media including website management, client and Center Road social media, managing office supplies and subscriptions, overseeing IT consultants, etc. (15%)
- • Acting as a liaison between the different clients and team
We’re seeking highly-motivated and organized candidates who excel in project/event management, community outreach/customer service, in-depth research, and social media.
- • 1-2 years combined experience (including internships and part-time jobs) in event management/scheduling, research, and outreach to the public
- • Experience managing multiple projects with parallel deadlines and the ability to juggle a cadre of tasks
- • A demonstrated ability to conduct outreach to the public to request action and professionally manage customer/client service issues (including restaurant/service industry)
- • A track record of taking charge and moving the ball forward to implement the tasks with all departments and stakeholders
- • Strong oral and written communication skills as well as high attention to detail- English and Communications majors welcome
- • Experience with all Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Previous Hill experience and graphic design skills are pluses but are not requirements.
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance- Platinum level with no deductible
- $500 per year for professional development
- 15 paid vacation/sick days and 14 holidays including off between Christmas and New Years
- Opportunity to grow
- Great workplace location in modern coworking space one block from the Washington, DC NoMa metro
- Opportunity to work remote one day per week, and possibly more during recess
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
• Submit a 1-page resume including university GPA, salary expectations and short 2 paragraphs “cover letter” describing why you are a good fit and would like to work with Center Road in the email body, and 3 professional references to Katrina.email@example.com.
• Email with the subject line “[Your Last Name]- Govt Relations Associate Application” and label each of your documents above with your last name before the document description
• Applications and interviews will be rolling, with an expected start date in early 2019.