The Principal is part of the Executive team, reports to the Executive Director, and supervises academic leadership and Montessori teachers and program.
To achieve the mission of LAMB PCS in which students build a foundation of knowledge essential for a lifetime of learning while developing bi-literacy in English and Spanish To promote the educational goals of the school and community and maintain a school environment in which all students and staff work and learn effectively and collaboratively To maintain a safe and supportive school climate focused on Montessori principles by providing students, teachers, and families a clear understanding of their rights and responsibilities within the school community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Academics and Compliance
- Lead collaborative reflection on and revision of curriculum development and instructional practice (scope and sequence) that successfully delivers Montessori bilingual instruction to all LAMB students
- Ensure the school is providing a program that ensures all students can meet or exceed grade-level standards
- Promote a professional community that embraces collaborative data-driven reflection on practice, informed decision making, and continual goal-setting and review
- Articulate the school’s educational philosophy, goals, and objectives into action plans that directly benefit students and staff professional development.
- Serve as academic lead in LAMB Board School Performance Committee and work with Executive Director to develop a change plan that identifies and dismantles systemic racism in the school and programs and intentionally includes anti-racist, anti-biased professional development, curriculum, and school policies
- Manage data, maintain contact, and respond to inquiries as required by the federal, local government, and related organizations such as OSSE, PCSB, the LAMB Board, etc.
Staff Development and Human Resources
- Conducts the performance and evaluation of the academic leadership and supervises the performance and evaluation of teaching staff
- Lead the development and implementation of staffing plans and schedules In collaboration with the Executive Director, design a comprehensive talent acquisition and retention plan, which includes:
- Recruitment and retention of a diverse body of effective teachers and staff Professional development that engages and retains effective staff and provides clear growth opportunities and career pathways
- Leadership development for teachers and support staff
- Performance management that outlines the measured steps required to maintain and/or gain proficiency and the intervention procedure when goals are not met
- An organizational culture strategy, including a robust on and off-boarding program
- Lead and participate in the hiring of instructional staff in cooperation with the HR Manager and academic leadership
- Lead staff meetings and professional development that value a collaborative professional culture and practice respectful disagreement and critical feedback
- Collaborate with academic leadership to identify and implement school-wide professional development for instructional staff and related service providers, specifically including Montessori philosophy and principles
- Build and maintain a positive open relationship with the families that supports trust, transparency, and responsiveness
- Collaborate with Family Engagement to develop student recruitment and enrollment goals and activities to increase the number of LAMB families of color and whose home language is Spanish
- Coordinate with the PTO on family events and programs
- Lead and manage student class assignments and decisions regarding individual student services, grade retention, etc.
- Work with Family Engagement and academic leadership to develop and deliver a plan for parent engagement and education
School Mission and Culture
- Embrace and champion LAMB’s mission, vision, and values
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of best practices in the fields of Montessori, bilingual education, charter school operations, and other applicable areas.
- Promote LAMB through representation in local and national meetings and events, networking with educational leaders, and fostering partnerships with local and national organizations
- Promote and model the principles of Montessori education in the leadership and management of day-to-day operations of the school
- Ensure the social, emotional, and physical safety of students, staff, and families through enforcement of all safety protocols and policies
- Support the development, review, and revision of important school documents such as the budget, the school calendar, staff and family handbooks, etc.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field; Master’s preferred
- A credential from a MACTE Accredited Montessori training program, AMS or AMI or other affiliate preferred
- Demonstrated successful school leadership in a senior administrative position
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience of three or more years; preferred in Montessori
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion work in schools that supports student achievement, staff development, and family support and inclusion
- General knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Apps
- Exhibited leadership and management of change in schools and in collaboration with staff, students, and the community
- Commitment to accountability for student growth and school performance
- Commitment to bilingual education and the Montessori philosophy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in work with LAMB students, staff, and the community
- Ability to develop relationships with students, families, staff, and key stakeholders
The principal at LAMB leads a talented and experienced team of educators dedicated to the powerful combination of Montessori and bilingual education. The principal will help move the school forward in our efforts to ensure that our Montessori bilingual program serves every child to the absolute best of our ability. The ideal candidate will be:
- A Montessori educator,
- Fluent in Spanish and English,
- Adept in educational leadership and change,
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The "Compensation Package" at LAMB PCS is more than just pay and benefits. It is about the total value of working here at the school and impacting the community. That includes, programs focused on the complete package of pay, benefits, learning and work environment. Our benefits are coupled with our compensation programs and the opportunities to build a career.
Our total benefits package is highly regarded and designed to meet employees’ basic and life-changing benefits needs. As market dynamics evolve, the organization regularly assesses our benefits programs to ensure our team receives those benefits they value and are provided with diverse options that address the issues of individuals and families and promote healthy lifestyles.