Details: Dependent upon experience
101 Interchange Plaza
Community Grants, Planning & Housing (CGP&H) is seeking a full-time Affordable Housing Assistant Case Manager with excellent administrative skills, a passion for public service, and a commitment to helping others. This position will start as a supportive assistant case manager role, however we are looking for someone with the potential to escalate into a full case management role if they show the dedication and skills required to succeed in that position.
Who we are and why we are a great place to work:
We are a friendly, fast-paced, 18-person consulting firm that is an established leader in affordable housing administration, grant writing, home rehabilitation programs, and municipal planning. Our clients are cities, towns, organizations, and businesses across New Jersey working to build strong, vibrant, and welcoming communities.
We take great pride in supporting our staff, providing opportunities for growth and training, and fostering a friendly and cohesive atmosphere. We have high expectations and are usually very busy, but we always seek to make our staff happy and comfortable. Our motto, Good People, Great Results, describes us well.
Who we are looking for:
- A positive and self-motivated team member who enjoys working collaboratively with others
- A responsible and sensitive communicator who understands the needs and special circumstances of affordable housing applicants
- A dedicated and reliable achiever who takes ownership of responsibilities and can meet high expectations.
What the Assistant Case Manager would do:
- Support Affordable Housing Case Managers and the Administration Manager as needed with daily administrative tasks
- Provide professional phone customer service for applicants and other callers
- Assist applicants with our online application system, and help applicants as much as possible before elevating an inquiry to a case manager
- Assist with outreach to applicants, referrals to landlords, and other housing-related duties, paying close attention to applicant deadlines
- Use MS Word and/or MS Publisher for mailings, including printing labels and mail merge
- Work with our large applicant pool and affordable housing portfolio using Salesforce cloud-based CRM software.
- Perform special projects and assignments
What else could be possible for the right person:
- Assisting with income-certifying applicants
- Preparing documents for affordable home sales
- Attending and leading affordable home sales closings
- Designing marketing materials
- Creating and posting marketing material on various social media platforms
- Promotion to full Case Manager
What our expectations are for the ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or a 2-year Associate’s degree with relevant experience
- Prior experience in nonprofit, government, or social services agencies, and/or experience in real estate, loan processing, banking, or another relevant field.
- Sound judgement and sensitivity to the special circumstances of affordable housing applicants
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Mail Merge, Outlook, and Excel (Please note, applicants may be asked to take a skills test on Microsoft Word or Excel as part of the application process.)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Well organized, detailed-oriented, and able to multi-task
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment
Other experience that would make you great at this job (but not required):
- Bi-lingual Spanish communication and translation skills
- Salesforce (or other similar cloud-based software like Raiser’s Edge, iCIMS, etc.)
- Experience using social media (facebook, twitter, or Instagram) for business marketing
- Online Email Marketing Clients: Constant Contact, iContact, Mail Chimp, etc.
- Microsoft Access or other database management software
- SAGE Timeslips
We offer full benefits package available for full-time employees after 90-day probation period, including major medical, pre-tax flexible spending account (FSA) for medical expenses, a generous matching 401k program, life insurance, vision care, and more.
Please visit our websites to learn more about our company at www.cgph.net and our affordable homes programs at www.affordablehomesnewjersey.net.
CGP&H is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Major Medical Coverage
Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Putting your cover letter in the body of the email is fine.