District of Columbia
iVote was launched in the spring of 2014 with one aim – to go on offense for voting rights.
iVote is the only voting rights organization that runs political campaigns to expand voting rights. The iVote Civic Education Fund (CEF) educates and provides the public with clear, compelling information about the need and methods to expand access to voting. Since it was launched, iVote CEF has focused on elevating the importance of automatic voter registration and secretaries of state races as key levers in expanding access to voting.
As voting rights come under systematic attack, we are seeking help to ramp up and expand iVote’s reach. We’re looking for a Digital Content Manager to join our team immediately. This individual will craft and optimize content for iVote CEF and partner campaigns, working with internal staff and organizations to deploy it via digital channels, primarily focusing on social media. The Digital Content Manager will also be responsible for following trends and storylines in the voting rights community, creating compelling content and rapid response based on these items.
We’re looking for someone who is creative, is a story teller, and cares deeply about voting rights. As well as someone who is obsessed with following the latest digital trends and tracking online campaign performance, is an exceptional writer, and cares about the details.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Write compelling social media and web copy for various campaigns and projects
- Cover live events and breaking news on social media, including live tweeting, live streaming, and gathering and sharing stories from members of the audience during organizing moments
- Manage the iVote CEF’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and other social media accounts
- Update our campaign websites with the latest and most relevant actions and information
- Brainstorm tactics, creative, and campaigns around progressive issues and ideals
- Keep a pulse on the latest trends and best practices for digital – and integrate them into our online organizing efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Exceptional writing skills with a wide range of tone and personality
- Experience managing social media channels
- Eagerness to adapt to the latest trends
- A sense of humor, adventurous spirit, and an openness to evolving responsibilities
- Organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
Interested applicants should apply with a resume and cover letter at https://jobs.lever.co/270strategies/4f27bde2-8ede-4784-8988-fa7d62c6b49f
iVote is dedicated to going on offense to expand access to voting and to answer the question “What if everyone voted?” iVote has identified multiple vehicles to expand access to voting including electing pro-voting secretaries of state and implementing automatic voter registration in jurisdictions around the country.
iVote will educate the public about the importance of secretaries of state and the benefits of automatic voter registration. It will also work to promote pro-voting secretary of state candidates and pass automatic voter registration laws. Our work will include data-driven research and message development, people-centered grassroots organizing, and cutting-edge digital strategies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or sexual orientation. We are unable to sponsor work visas for this project.
Minimum Education Required