1250 H St NW
At Rising Tide Interactive, we’re using digital media to change the world, and we want you to join us. We’re looking for a Content Strategist with at least 2-3 years of experience to join our team.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has professional experience in persuasive and/or political writing, and it’ll be a plus if you’ve worked an election cycle for a campaign or committee. This position will largely support an active email team, but will also draft ad copy and video scripts as needed.
You’ll be creative, detail-oriented, able to learn and capture the voice of our diverse clients, comfortable working within tight deadlines, and determined to help Democratic candidates and progressive nonprofits find success at the ballot box and beyond.
This is a full-time, salaried seasonal position and would end on November 15, 2018. Candidates must be available for some evening and weekend hours, especially between August 1 and November 6, 2018.
Rising Tide Interactive is a full-service digital marketing firm based in Washington, D.C. We’ve helped elect Democrats up and down the ballot, worked with some of the nation’s most prominent labor unions and progressive advocacy groups, and raised millions online for our clients. Some of our clients have included Ready for Hillary, Planned Parenthood, the National Democratic Redistricting Committee, the American Heart Association, the USO, and dozens of Democratic U.S. Senate, House, and gubernatorial candidates. We’re a team of smart, fun, digital-savvy people who care about electing Democrats and aiding progressive causes.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Draft compelling copy on deadline that can raise money for a diverse group of candidates and nonprofits
- Learn different voices and styles of writing to ensure brand consistency among clients
- Collaborate with email account managers to conceptualize upcoming emails, monitor the success of email tactics, and help clients reach their fundraising and engagement goals
- Conduct campaign or issue-specific research to inform copy
- Incorporate and apply internal and external edits/feedback so that copy meets client expectations
- Conceptualize and draft digital-first video scripts for social media and other online placement, as needed
- Collaborate with ads managers to develop engaging ad copy for social media and other online placement, as needed
Qualifications, knowledge, and skills required:
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with political or persuasive writing a big plus
- Experience with video development in some form also a big plus
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Available for evening and weekend work, as needed
- Desire to work for Democratic candidates and progressive non-profits
- Experience with political or campaign copy a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 relevant writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line CONTENT STRATEGIST, and please tell us where you heard about the job!
No calls please.