2000 15th Street North
The Warehouse Architect is a new position to Chapman Cubine and Hussey as we are investing in developing a robust and enhanced marketing agency-based data warehouse.
The Architect will be responsible for setting up the initial 2017 SQL Enterprise Server, performance tuning, backups, disaster recovery, security (HIPAA & HITRUST), database design/architecture and day-to-day maintenance. S/he will work directly with the Sr. Report Developer/Analyst and Information Management Director to transform non-technical business goals into technical data requirements which will be critical in designing and developing a multi-client, multi-channel, multi-dimensional warehouse. Additionally, this position will need to reverse-engineer the current warehouse schemas, tables, views and take this information into consideration when developing the new warehouse architecture.
The Architect will be responsible for using SSIS and outside integration tools to ETL/ELT external client data sources into our warehouse. Additionally, the Architect will be responsible for creating and maintaining all the data marts, lakes, vaults, etc. In many cases, outside data sources do not have relationship keys, so unique business keys will need to be specially designed. S/he will co-create the logical and physical models and cubes used by the Report Developer/Analyst. The Architect will work with all technical staff to document and diagram all technical information.
Finally, the Architect will work with the Application Developer to ensure all data objects are secure and yet available to a proprietary .NET application and/or a SharePoint internal/client portal.
- Advanced experience deploying enterprise level MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS
- Fundamental understanding of data warehousing, metadata management
- Experience with snowflakes and star schema data models
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as collaboratively in team environments
- Experience working in an Agile Software Development environment
- Experience with technical writing, design specification documentation, requirement traceability, risk/issue management or tracking
- Technical knowledge of data-warehousing and big data best practices/techniques
- Familiarity with database monitoring and analysis tools
- Experience or strong understanding of Direct Marketing (specifically fundraising) data sources and modeling preferred
- Flexible to ever-changing scheduling priorities
- Ability to problem-solve using internal and external resources as required
- Translate non-technical requests to technical project maps
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline environment
- Proven ability to work directly with users and management to gather requirements, responding to requests in a proactive way.
8+ years of experience in database administration, specifically SQL Server and including
- Performance Tuning
- Indexing, Triggers, Procedures and Table Management
- Security (HIPAA & HITECH preferred)
- SQL Server & MySQL
6+ years of technology design, implementation, and consulting in:
- Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Data Ingestion from Outside Sources
- Data Lakes, Data Marts, and Big Data
- Business Intelligence Models
5+ years of working with enterprise architecture or solution architecture frameworks, methodologies, templates, and tools
CCAH is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursing and hiring a diverse workforce.
CCAH offers a competitive salary and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance and paid vacation.
Minimum Education Required