Full Time Contract
4 Elephant Lane
We are looking for an experienced and passionate project manager who can lead on design, implementation, budgeting and reporting for financial integrity programmes across various countries. We are keen grow our team with the addition of a dynamic individual who can make a real impact to our work and has a track record of successfully delivering projects in the areas of governance and policy.
GovRisk are a niche training and consultancy firm established in 2010 who implement financial integrity programmes across the globe. Our projects largely focus on the topics of; anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, government transparency, public procurement, justice reform and related topics. To deliver our programmes we partner with donor organisations (such as the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office) or work directly with local governments; as such we rely heavily on our ability to quickly establish relationships with our stakeholders and local partners. Though each of our projects have their own bespoke objectives our work generally aims to promote national economic reform, support the global rules-based international economic system, reduce trade barriers and improve the business environment.
We are a small and ambitious team who are proud of both our company culture and the large impact delivered by our projects. Due to the complex environments in which we operate project priorities often shift and as such we are a highly flexible and cross discipline team.
• Work with GovRisk Directors on development of project plans and budgets.
• Ensure project activities are delivered in line with the project plan, budget and indicators of success.
• Update project activities and budget periodically in accordance with project needs.
• Proactively identify, mitigate and solve any issues to ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget.
• Design, plan and attend in-country visits to deliver key project activities and events.
• Maintain regular communication and promote project outcomes to stakeholders to ensure continued buy-in at senior level.
Project Monitoring & Evaluation:
• Ensure project reporting documents for internal and external communication are updated, and meet company requirements.
• Complete periodic reports (financial and written) for donors/clients and internal project analysis.
• Lead meetings with senior management to update on project progress.
• Research to support new/additional project opportunities
• Prepare material for bid and proposal documents
General Company Tasks:
• Feedback to GovRisk directors on general improvements and input to company functionality assessment.
• Report lessons learned from project to the wider company.
A natural, organised communicator, you thrive in a small, collaborative team setting and relish the challenge of delivering projects to high ethical and professional standards in a challenging setting. You see business travel as an advantage. We are flexible on specific experience, and will consider candidates with transferrable skills who wish to make a career change.
• 1-3 years’ experience project management, involving financial and team management.
• Experience working for a small or mid-sized development company – or thorough experience of the systems and processes relevant to (donor) project delivery in a small or mid-sized company.
• Practical experience of building and managing complex government stakeholder relationships, including identifying and overcoming obstacles.
• Proven experience working on international government or donor-funded projects at all stages – bidding, procurement, planning, delivery and reporting.
• Working knowledge of monitoring & evaluation, finance, operations and reporting (financial and written).
• A proactive, enthusiastic member of the team, capable of planning and prioritising workload with little supervision.
Desirable Skills or Experience:
• Experience developing project bids for UK and international donor organisations (particularly UK Prosperity Fund and/or DfID).
• Experience of delivering technical assistance to government institutions.
• Working knowledge of prime and subcontractor relationships in a donor setting.
• Experience of projects in; anti-corruption, AML/CFT, procurement, cybercrime, audit, justice sector reform, corporate governance (wider experience/interest is welcome).
• Experience in; law, regulatory policy, investigations, intelligence, audit.
• Experience designing effective communications using graphics, charts and graphs.
• A flair for interpreting financial information.
• A flair for developing operational processes.
Minimum Education Required