Details: Compensation is salary-based. Performance bonuses are available, subject to meeting and exceeding defined performance metrics.
520 Eighth Avenue
Denham Wolf Real Estate Services is an essential resource for New York City’s nonprofit community, providing expertise in transactions, development, and project management. Through our integrated services, we empower nonprofits to take a thoughtful, mission-first approach to real estate. We believe that an organization’s mission and programs should drive real estate projects, and this principle guides everything that we do. Denham Wolf has partnered with hundreds of nonprofits since its founding in 1998, shaping millions of square feet across New York City.
The professionals at Denham Wolf live and work throughout New York City and are dedicated to the betterment of their local communities. We hold ourselves accountable for the impacts of our work, and we support our clients in exploring opportunities to improve environmental and social well-being through real estate. Denham Wolf invests in talent and cultivates industriousness, regarding both as necessary for sustaining a commanding level of expertise, and considers cultural compatibility a key factor in all new hires.
Denham Wolf is seeking a resourceful, entrepreneurial, and motivated self-starter to join the firm’s Transaction Services group. Denham Wolf’s Transaction Services include comprehensive representation of nonprofit tenants and landlords, property acquisition (for lease and purchase), property disposition (for lease and sale) and strategic consultancy.
The Junior Analyst will work closely with Denham Wolf’s senior brokers to ensure the successful delivery of these services. The primary responsibility of this entry level role is to support the group in planning, structuring, evaluating, and negotiating commercial real estate transactions for the New York City nonprofit community. A substantial portion of this support will center on the creation and/or analysis of real estate-related financial models, such as cash flows and valuations. Specific responsibilities of the Junior Analyst include:
- Financial modeling and space program analysis
- Research into the market, the details of a site, and the feasibility of a project
- Accessing, compiling, analyzing, and reporting on raw data culled from various industry data sources
- Supporting the creation of client presentation materials
- Other tasks in support of Transaction Services clients, Transaction Services marketing materials, and firm-wide marketing efforts
Through these responsibilities, the Junior Analyst will have the opportunity to learn about New York City real estate first-hand. For Junior Analysts that excel at these responsibilities, there is substantial opportunity for growth within the firm. The role is full-time and New York-based.
Ideal candidates for the position of Junior Analyst will possess the following experience and characteristics:
- A relevant undergraduate degree is required, preferably in Business, Finance, or Economics
- 1-2 years of real estate or sales experience
- A strong aptitude for working with numbers and data sets, including a high proficiency in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, attentive to detail, and committed to a high quality work product
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and effectively prioritize tasks under tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm for collaboration, proactively contributing ideas, and working in a team setting
- Understanding of real estate fundamentals is highly desirable
- A passion for serving New York City’s nonprofit community and for partnering with others to make a positive societal impact
- A real estate license is not required to apply, but ultimately will be required to fulfill the responsibilities of the position
Denham Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks to employ professionals that will contribute to the staff’s cultural diversity, diverse perspectives, and sense of curiosity.
Denham Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an educational stipend that may be put toward the real estate licensure process.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required