1800 M Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Spitfire is seeking an executive assistant to join our team in tackling the most critical social and environmental issues of our time. As a woman-owned firm, Spitfire’s values are rooted in one core principle: everyone belongs and has the power to spark change. Our work mirrors this. We’re relentless in our pursuit of opportunities to represent the best interests of people and the planet.
The Executive Assistant provides support to the president and two members of the leadership team. The Executive Assistant must enjoy working in a results-driven, fast-paced, and collaborative work environment. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The Executive Assistant must have the ability to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities.
- Calendar management – Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments.
- Expenses Management – Prepare and submit expense reports in a timely manner
- Managing travel – Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas.
- Research project support.
- Arrange for external editors to review client deliverables.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to reprioritize at a moment's notice and to complete additional tasks as directed by the president or leadership based on the firm's changing needs.
- Proven ability to manage projects, work under pressure and consistently make deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges.
- Strong oral and written communication. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite)
- High level of attention to detail
- Punctual, courteous, professional, and reliable
- Ability to work independently and exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
Spitfire Strategies is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels within the organization. We recognize the importance of not viewing individuals based on a single identity and we thrive on being equitable in our recruitment process as well as in our efforts to be inclusive of all employees. We encourage all applicants regardless of gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, and other social identities to apply.
Spitfire offers a competitive pay and benefits package in an office with easy access to public transit.
Minimum Education Required