Details: compensation commensurate with experience
210 Rivervale Road
Vice President of Development
Spectrum for Living is seeking a Vice President of Development. The position reports directly to the President & Chief Executive Officer and is an integral part of Spectrum for Living’s Administrative Leadership Team. The position will lead SFL’s development efforts organization-wide, working in partnership with SFL’s program staff across its various locations. The Vice President of Development will lead, develop and oversee all aspects of fundraising to provide sustained resources for SFL. The position is responsible for developing, directing and implementing a multi-year, multifaceted fundraising strategy to raise funds and awareness of SFL. The Vice President of Development will initially raise $2 million annually through a combination of special events, walk-a-thons, individual donor cultivation, and appeal mailings and will grow that amount by 5-7% annually over the next five years. Building on the existing fundraising plan, the Vice President of Development will expand and enhance SFL’s fundraising capacity in collaboration with the President & CEO, Board of Trustees and senior leadership. The Vice President of Development will prepare and present revenue reports regularly to the President & CEO and Board of Trustees. The Vice President of Development is an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned fundraiser to partner with new leadership at a pivotal time.
Areas of Emphasis
· Manage the administration of the organization's development efforts; to include an ambitious multi-year, multifaceted fundraising strategy.
· Lead, mentor and supervise our development and marketing team, with the opportunity to grow this team by one additional staff member in 2018.
· Manage the department’s revenue and expense budgets, initiatives and calendar of special events, appeals and activities.
· Cultivate corporate and foundation support and enhance the organization’s fundraising yield from these sources.
· Develop and lead the organization’s major gift strategy and manage a portfolio of key donors and prospects working toward successfully closing gift solicitations in the five and six figure range.
· Serve as SFL’s primary liaison with major donors, foundations and corporate sponsors organization-wide.
· Oversee and drive cultivation and stewardship efforts by other SFL staff. Coach, support and encourage the Board’s development efforts in close collaboration with the President & CEO.
· Oversee SFL’s fundraising and development committee to raise awareness and funds locally and as pipelines for trustee recruitment.
· Assess, oversee and direct strategies to solicit support and engagement from corporations.
· Oversee special events and create additional opportunities for donor cultivation and engagement.
· Supervise all aspects of a multi-channel annual appeal campaigns.
- A person who will commit wholeheartedly to the mission and vision of Spectrum for Living and is excited about becoming a part of the daily life of the community. A desire to learn more about the issues that adults with disabilities and their families face.
· A person with an understanding of and commitment to working collaboratively across organizational lines.
- A proactive self-starter who thinks broadly and sees the “big picture.”
- An engaging individual who develops rapport quickly and builds relationships with ease.
· Ten or more years of senior development experience, including developing and implementing an annual fundraising plan and managing a department and budget.
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
· Strong oral communication skills, including public speaking.
· Strong written communication and editing skills and experience writing grant proposals, reports and campaign materials.
· Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail and focus on excellence.
· Strong leadership and management skills with an established record as a collaborative team builder, trainer and motivator.
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Ability to exercise independent judgement and strong decision-making skills.
· An “outcome orientation” with the ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities while maintaining the big picture as it relates to the mission and the financial success of the organization.
· Experience in producing large and small events.
· Experience with design and execution of marketing materials.
· Demonstrated results soliciting and securing major gifts.
· Working knowledge of planned giving principles.
· Direct experience working with nonprofit board members and leading and managing key volunteers.
· Demonstrated success in identifying and securing new foundation grants.
· Demonstrated success generating increased funds through events, annual appeals and online giving.
· Ability to work as part of a team, with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds and to collaborate with staff at all organizational levels and across departments and locations.
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and hands-on experience with Raiser’s Edge or another donor database.
To be discussed
Minimum Education Required