8380 Colesville Rd #550, Silver Spring, MD 20910
We are searching for an exceptional Senior Marketing/Proposal writer (ideally focused in the technology market) to be a part of our DelCor team!
DelCor, a Silver Spring, MD-based consulting firm, has been providing IT support to associations and nonprofits for over 30 years. Our success is driven by our unmatched dedication to our clients, a collaborative team environment, technology innovation, as well as our goal to be an ideal workplace for our employees.
Our Senior Marketing/Proposal Writer, working closely with other team members, will collaborate with key contacts across DelCor to manage all aspects of the proposal lifecycle, including analysis, writing, editing, and supporting proposal response efforts. You will participate and champion the strategy and planning sessions for prospective client proposals, develop new marketing materials in collaboration with marketing and contribute to client outreach strategies!
To be successful in this position, you must have exceptional persuasive writing skills and be a master editor and proofreader! This is an incredible opportunity to join a team of outstanding individuals who are motivated daily to exceed our clients’ expectations.
The Senior Marketing/Proposal Writer will primarily:
· Manage the proposal lifecycle, content development, and responses, through the creation of client-ready proposals.
· Work closely with DelCor team members to translate technical services into compelling, persuasive written and graphic client-ready materials, understandable to wide audiences
· Manage proposal process deadlines by establishing target dates for information gathering, writing, reviewing, and finalizing proposals
· Work with marketing and the rest of the DelCor team to continually improve DelCor’s proposal and communication strategy.
· Minimum of 5 years of successful persuasive content development, preferably within a technology-focused environment
· Demonstrated success in Marketing, Communication and Client Management for design services and proposal development.
· Extensive editing experience
· Ability to understand complex technical concepts and processes and articulate client and staff needs
· Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
· Ability to exercise judgment with minimal oversight
· Demonstrated success in coordinating multiple proposals and meeting short deadlines
· Experience with proposal generation software and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required
Our clients are located throughout the DC metropolitan area and across the US; some travel may be required.
At our headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, we offer a professional, yet relaxed, atmosphere and great benefits. Our office is located less than one block from the red line Metro and MARC train. Generous benefits include health/dental insurance, life insurance, short- & long-term disability, paid time off, certification bonuses, professional development, and 401(k).
Minimum Education Required