1101 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.
WHO WE ARE
At Proof Strategies, you’ll find an agency full of intelligent creatives, writers, and idea-makers dedicated to extraordinary client service, driven by measurable results, and inspired by projects that make a difference. We believe that exceptional work and having fun is the path to agency success. An award-winning DC Team plus two decades of continuous annual growth have proven that philosophy.
WHO YOU ARE
A digitally savvy + superlative writer and verbal communicator with a knack for traditional media pitching. Well-versed in all facets of communications, PR, and marketing, you understand that integrative approaches will yield better results and ultimately delight clients. Adept at simultaneously directing the development, implementation, and support of strategic communications programs on behalf of our foundation and nonprofit clients while continually providing leadership and guidance to junior team members. Proactive in your management approach - you lead by example and prioritize staff development.
- Educated. BA/BS in PR, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Experienced. 7+ years of full-time public relations experience, including pitching consumer, business, and trade media (print/broadcast/online). Senior level agency + management experience required.
- Whatever it takes. Proven ability to “get-the-job-done.” Agency life is fast-paced and sometimes means late nights (…with work or happy hours).
- Articulate. Strong writing skills with the ability to communicate points-of-view succinctly, thoroughly, and convincingly.
- Good works. Experience working with nonprofits is highly prized.
- International. Some international client management experience and/or foreign language fluency is preferred.
- Innovative. Creative and strategic thinker with a penchant for the unexpected.
- Friendly. We like to work with people we like. A positive, can-do attitude is a must.
- Apple iOS savvy. We have beautiful Macbook Pros; we hope you know how to use one!
- Accountable for the growth and success of the Proof Strategies Foundation and Nonprofit practice area; invested in the development of our portfolio and continually pushing to increase our expertise, offerings, and effectiveness on behalf of our clients. Direct multiple account teams on all nonprofit and foundation accounts.
- Oversee and be responsible for budget adherence and operational performance of multiple accounts simultaneously, ensuring that high-quality work is delivered on time while making sure strategy and tactics always ladder back up to business goals
- Participate as committed and active member of the Senior Team - including high-level business development planning, staff development planning, and account service planning.
- Mentor and manage junior staff including formal professional development and performance reviews.
- Cultivate strong and stable client relationships built on trust and respect, acting as strategic counsel and partner for all client contacts.
- Drive campaign development from start to finish, including strategic planning, execution, optimization, and analysis.
- Direct media relations: media monitoring and media outreach activities.
- Direct and review media lists, press releases and materials, story ideas, and pitches to national and trade outlets.
- Review and write client marketing materials ensuring consistency in voice and writing style.
- Develop communications plans that integrate traditional and digital media strategies.
- Account supervision including day-to-day account management oversight, ensuring account activities are productive and serving the client’s objectives, proactively available as higher-level counsel for the client, as-needed.
- Participate in new business process including relationship building, research, proposal writing, and pitching.
- Demonstrate personal leadership and take accountability for success of projects, as well as supervise junior staff.
- Serve as a brand steward, reviewing all deliverables prior to client delivery/presentation.
- Strategically guide and vet analytics and summary reports prior to client presentation.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We welcome all applicants inside and outside of the Washington, DC metropolitan area, but relocation fees will not be provided.
- 3 weeks paid holiday
- 10 sick days
- 85% paid health insurance, 100% dental and vision
- 401k options
- $250 credit for bicycle gear to promote environmentally friendly transport
- Flexible working
- Work from home every other Friday
- Great tech - we use Mac laptops
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email us your application, which should include a short cover letter, resume and links to any of your work and/or case studies for campaigns you managed.
For your cover letter, please answer:
- What type of clients do you enjoy working with?
- How have you contributed to your team's growth, be it in terms of revenue, training, processes?
- What do you hope to bring to the role here at Proof Strategies? What impact will you have?
We will review applications as we receive them so please do not wait until the application deadline to submit your application.