4501 Ford Avenue
Position: Project Associate
Opportunity Type: Full-Time Job
Location: Alexandria, VA
Region of Performance: Global
About the Organization:
Connexus Corporation (www.connexuscorporation.com) is an international development consulting firm. Connexus' mission is to provide high quality global consulting services to transform international development and build local capacity. We design sustainable, market-based development strategies that link developing economies with global markets to increase incomes of the poor. Connexus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
About the Job:
Connexus is seeking a Project Associate for a home office position to support our international project operations and conference organization.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide logistical support to deploy consultants for missions, including coordination of communication with field-based teams.
- Support the organization and coordination of our Cracking the Nut Conferences on agriculture and global health, including organizing logistics, marketing the event, managing conference website and social media, analyzing conference evaluation surveys, etc.
- Prepare travel arrangements for field staff and consultants.
- Track expenses against budgets, coordinate post allowances and travel reimbursements for consultants including allowance payments, travel, and other expenditures.
- Assist Connexus in developing new business, including researching and tracking new business opportunities, recruiting technical consultants, formatting CVs, drafting past performance reports, and summarizing corporate qualifications.
- Provide other administrative and organizational support, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (required) in business, economics, international studies, global health, or related field.
- 1-2 years of relevant professional administrative experience (preferably USAID-related), monitoring budget and expenditure, recruiting consulting teams, arranging travel, and providing support to field teams.
- Experience with event planning and/or social media marketing preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills, with proven ability to multi-task and work under tight time constraints.
- French language skills strongly preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Deadline: August 31, 2018
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate-Aug 2018” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Level of Language Proficiency
French (professional working proficiency)
Minimum Education Required