2121 West Temple Street
There is a crisis in Los Angeles. For far too many children here, violence is a daily fact of life. With over 50,000 reports of child abuse/neglect filed annually– and more than 400 a day or17 an hour. Police respond to 43,000 reports of domestic violence, many involving children. When children are traumatized by violence, their chances of growing up to lead healthy, productive lives are threatened. They are more likely to fail in school, enter the criminal justice system, and repeat the cycle. At Children’s Institute (CII) we believe with the right intervention, the harmful effects of violence can be mitigated, and the cycle broken. At CII we serve more than 22,000 children and their families in the city’s most challenged neighborhoods, and train more than 9,000 professionals in the areas of child development, mental health and welfare. CII provides healing so traumatized children can recover and lead healthy and fulfilling lives, while working to shape the field of children’s services through innovative research, demonstration projects and professionally accredited training programs.
CII is seeking an experienced and collaborative individual to serve as Talent Acquisition Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to transform the recruitment team from the tactical to the strategic. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this individual will have a vision for CII’s recruitment and be skilled at sourcing and recruiting candidates using a variety of outlets. They will think creatively and plan for all job postings, social media sourcing and networking events building a viable pipeline to draw upon during peak hiring season. Understanding the unique culture at CII will be critical to the success for these efforts.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will lead and develop a team of three and will be responsible for the recruitment of both clinical and education staff including. They will work closely with hiring managers to ensure that they understand future needs and to gain a deeper understanding of the requirements and expectations of the various positions. Building relationships with hiring managers and collaborating with stakeholders will be key to the success of the talent acquisition efforts.
This new position is a unique opportunity to join a group of passionate and talented individuals at an exciting time at CII.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develops and implements a fully integrated talent acquisition department with a focus on maximizing branding capabilities; moving from the tactical to the strategic.
- Ensures that all parts of the recruitment and onboarding process are consistent, seamless, well-communicated and understood.
- Builds relationships with leadership and collaborates with them on big picture ideas for building a strong pipeline of candidates.
- Collaborates with marketing to further strengthen CII’s employer brand.
- Creates strategy for diversity, recruitment and retention guiding the team’s execution.
- Utilizes passive sourcing to establish a best in class pipeline of candidates drawing upon various education and clinical programs, job fair presence, substitute pools, interns and social media; identifies and creates networking events and opportunities.
- Identifies appropriate ATS for CII steering it through implementation, buy-in of stakeholders, training and full integration with recruitment processes.
- Recognizes and appreciates CII’s education and clinical needs to refine the screening and evaluating of candidates; recommends and facilitates interviews with the hiring team.
- Maintains strong communication with candidates (both passive and active) and hiring managers throughout the recruitment process; communicates new opportunities to viable candidates as they arise.
- Manages and develops a team of three broadening their recruitment skillset and refining their approach.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications / Skills
- Minimum of 5-8 years of related full cycle recruitment experience or related/healthcare, non- profit clinical and education experience within a client relationship management or marketing/communications role.
- BA degree in a related field.
- Proven success in building relationships and establishing trust throughout an organization.
- Prior experience working with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) or related CRM system with the ability to think strategically within a system.
- Understanding and knowledge of recruiting in both the education and mental health sectors.
- Ability to be fluid and adaptable to CII’s changing priorities and needs.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- Experience and/or interest in using social media.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to effectively lead, motivate, inspire and delegate.
- Strong negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Contagious passion for the power of brand experiences.
- Persuasive and collaborative.
- Passion for the employees and a belief in the CII philosophy.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information regarding this position, please email email@example.com. Inquiries will only be accepted from Delta Prime Consulting. DO NOT contact CII directly. Please note that not all candidate applications will be selected for interview.
CII is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.