201 Borough High Street
About Social Misfits Media
At Social Misfits Media we believe world-changing organisations deserve world-class solutions. If you’re a charity, foundation or social enterprise with big ambitions, it’s time to make social media work harder for you.
With years of experience across every social platform, our team works with you to deliver tactical, outcomes-driven plans that meet your online and real-world targets. In other words, we help you turn your social media into social good.
Whether you’re looking for clicks, donations, volunteers or just need a guiding hand, let us take the hard work out of social and leave you to focus on what matters - driving your organisation’s impact.
And the best bit? No jargon, we promise.
Founded by Carlos Miranda, Social Misfits Media is proud to be part of a network of organisations that support the social good sector. Our sister companies, I.G. Advisors and Lightful, provide a range of solutions from developing strategy around fundraising, philanthropy and corporate impact, to smart tools for social media management.
Learn more at: www.socialmisfitsmedia.com
The role of a Community Manager is dynamic, exciting, varied, intense and constantly evolving. Below are the key responsibilities:
· Manage the day-to-day social media, website, blog and newsletter activity of Social Misfits Media, I.G. Advisors, and those of our clients;
· Create, curate, and manage published content (images, video and written);
· Act as the go to resource for all social media related enquiries from internal and external stakeholders;
· Write and deliver engaging, appealing and creative communications for clients, Social Misfits Media, and I.G. Advisors;
· Support development of new client strategies for enhanced social media engagement and brand presence, working directly with clients to effectively train them how to implement their new strategies;
· Play a key role in creating our annual free publications for the social sector;
· Create reports tracking social media analytics and performance; and
· Provide support to the Founder and other members of the team.
Our goal at Social Misfits Media is to go above and beyond expectations, delivering innovative, completely unique, tailored solutions to our social sector clients. In order to develop our offering, we are looking for an exceptional candidate to fill the role and take on the challenge. The ideal candidate is:
· Educated to degree level or equivalent;
· Has work experience in the field of communications or marketing, either in an agency or in-house roles;
· Able to showcase your social media savvy, either through direct experience as a social media manager or with your own presence;
· A great – not just good –writer and communicator with first-class client relationship and public speaking skills;
· Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to multitask and prioritise;
· Has an interest working with the charitable, philanthropic or social enterprise sector;
· Enjoy working with a small team in a flexible and fast-paced environment, as well as being an independent self-starter;
· A good multitasker with a “will not fail”, immensely presentable, polished and professional;
· Able to demonstrate responsiveness, reliability and dependability, and excellent attention to detail;
· An early adopter with an ability to quickly pick up new technologies;
· Has experience with Google Analytics and other reporting platforms;
· Has the full legal right to work in the UK without restriction; and
· (Optional) Passionate about coffee.
Deadline for Applications: 30 June 2018
To apply for this position, send your CV, one page covering letter, two writing samples and your LinkedIn Profile to Erin Niimi Longhurst, Senior Manager, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required