599 11th Avenue
SankyNet creates innovative and effective online fundraising campaigns for nonprofits, and helps nonprofit organizations build a digital presence. We are based in Midtown, New York City.
We are looking for a detail-driven, digitally savvy individual with strong multi-tasking skills to join our team as a Project Assistant. You will work with strategists, designers and programmers to implement and monitor online marketing/communications strategies and fundraising campaigns for several different nonprofit clients. Areas of focus include email set-up and audience segmentation in different eCRMs, social media marketing, search engine optimization, online advertising and data compilation. The ideal candidate has some knowledge in these areas, and is eager to learn. This is a perfect opportunity for someone interested in digital marketing in general, or who is pursuing a career in the nonprofit sector.
Among other responsibilities, the Project Assistant will:
- Assist in implementing and launching online marketing strategies with specific deliverables; HTML emails that will be set up and launched frequently include: email newsletters, fundraising appeals and action alerts.
- Compile data and create comprehensive monthly and/or quarterly reports for clients referencing industry benchmarks and trends as appropriate points of comparison.
- Assist in client donor acquisition campaigns, including search engine marketing, co-registration and social media campaigns and accompanying conversion strategies to compliment the outreach.
- Using SankyNet’s project management tool, coordinate production of campaign collateral, ensuring internal teams are kept up-to-date.
- Experience with email marketing and eCRMs.
- Familiarity with Luminate Online (Convio) and/or IBM Marketing Cloud (Silverpop) a plus.
- Familiar with reading and editing HTML, although specific coding background is unnecessary.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, capable of meeting tight deadlines, and working calmly under pressure.
- Highly competent with Microsoft Word and Excel (in a Windows environment), including experience building formulas and comparing data in Excel, as well as working with tables in Word.
- Comfortable working with data and has the capability or the desire to learn complex data queries and segmentation.
- A strong communicator, including the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas and prepare documents that are coherent, grammatically correct, and professional.
- A strong proofreader for both copy and data.
- A fast learner, problem solver, and someone who loves a challenge.
- Patient, with excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- NOTE: Experience with nonprofits and/or other software background (including experience with CRMs or website analytics tools) is a plus. Once hired, the candidate is required to become Google AdWords Certified.
Sanky offers extensive benefits including health, dental, 401K, transit, free Citibike membership, a stocked office pantry, and a variety of other perks.
Entry level with a starting salary of $38k.
Minimum Education Required:
How to Apply:
Submit your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (with “Project Assistant” in the subject line).Note that your cover letter will be reviewed as a writing sample, and should reflect your best work.
No calls please!
Health, dental, 401K, transit, Citibike
Minimum Education Required