Who we are
Urban Insight plans, designs, and develops innovative websites for mission-driven organizations like museums, universities, nonprofits, and cities. We thrive on having a professionally rewarding environment where you continue to learn and grow while creating meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
We're seeking an experienced Senior Visual Web Designer (UI/UX) to join our team. Join a supportive team that values your contribution, and work together to help our clients improve our communities. This position will work closely with our Creative Director on a variety of projects.
Who you are
- You love designing websites and excel at web layouts and UX thinking.
- You have 5+ years of visual web design experience, preferably in an agency environment.
- A portfolio that exemplifies strong visual design and a focus on defining the user experience
- You’re a conceptual thinker that can translate customer needs, behaviors, and project requirements
- Experience creating wireframes and iterating them into a high-fidelity mockup.
- Familiarity with Atomic Design and designing with a component-based design system.
- A true commitment to excellence, and full ownership of your responsibilities.
- Expert and best practices with Adobe XD or similar web design and prototyping applications.
- A strong eye for detail, type, and color.
- Conceptual designs from wireframes
- Prototype interaction and states
- Tablet and mobile views
- Export ready files and style sheets for development
- Participate in regular design reviews where you’ll seek out specific feedback on your designs and incorporate relevant feedback
- Experience designing for Drupal or WordPress.
- An understanding of front-end web development (HTML, CSS, JS) (no coding necessary).
- Work from our LA office in sunny LA, or remotely anywhere in the USA, available 9-5 from any US time zone.
- We are seeking a contract-to-hire position. We'd like to work with you for a month or so on a project on a freelance basis, and then move to a full-time position.
About Urban Insight
Why Work with Urban Insight?
- We take on interesting, meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
- We work with you to create a career path that works for you.
- The average employee tenure is 6.5 years.
- We're stable. We've been in business for 20 years, and continue to grow each year.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and enjoy 40-hour work weeks 98% of the time.
- We allocate time for training and professional development.
- There are many more reasons: https://www.urbaninsight.com/careers