1717 RHODE ISLAND AVE NW
Hattaway Communications, Inc., is a strategic communications firm with a mission: We use the power of strategy, science and storytelling to help visionary leaders and organizations achieve ambitious goals that benefit people and the planet. Since our founding in 2001 we have helped major foundations, nonprofit organizations, government agencies and multinational organizations around the world create research-based narratives and strategies to build strong brands that inspire and engage their audiences.
We are looking for a talented, proactive Executive Assistant with 5+ years of experience, who is a detail-oriented project manager and problem-solver. Attention to detail is critical, as you will meet the administrative needs of our president and make sure the office is running smoothly on a day-to-day basis. Hattaway Communications offers an exciting, fast-paced environment that puts a premium on quality work, innovation and collaboration. The ideal candidate will:
- Manage the president’s schedule and travel arrangements, for both business and personal matters
- Coordinate scheduling and handle arrangements for a busy roster of internal and external meetings
- Assist the president and selected project teams with preparation of presentations and materials
- Lead management and support for business development, marketing and relationship management
- Carry out daily responsibilities in a professional manner while following confidentiality (as appropriate)
- Book travel arrangements and provide administrative support to selected team members, as needed
- Manage the office, including liaising with security, custodial services and all vendors related to the office
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5+ years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; incredible attention to detail; advanced administrative skills
- Strong decision-making ability, problem solving skills and commitment to quality
- Experience handling a wide range of administrative and project support tasks
- Excellent organization skills and interest in administrative processes and challenges
- Proactive work ethic, with the ability to plan ahead and anticipate needs
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Mail/Calendar, Apple/Mac
Our offices are located in downtown D.C., between Dupont Circle and Farragut North. We take pride in our collaborative and flexible office environment. We are well-stocked with espresso and delicious snacks, and invest in the professional development of our staff. We offer generous health, retirement, Capital Bikeshare and Metro benefits. Your salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
We know that bringing talented, diverse people together creates more impact than we can create as individuals. We seek out candidates with diverse experiences, points of view, backgrounds and cultures—with the goal of creating an inclusive work environment that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include “Executive Assistant/Office Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.