TIES is a leading innovator in STEM education – bringing school design, STEM curriculum, and instructional support to schools and districts. TIES design teams create and build the finest STEM schools and ecosystems throughout the country. TIES understands the need to move away from teaching fragmented and isolated bits of discrete information and to focus on scientific understanding and reasoning. STEM education is based on scientific and engineering practices, teaching students to use inquiry in addressing real-world issues that affect their families, their communities, and their world.
To support our team and to provide specific support for all projects, TIES is seeking a Bookkeeper/Analyst (1099) to create work orders, track invoices, issue payments, and report on project costs, indirects, and fees.
The Bookkeeper/Analyst will report to the Chief of Operations and will manage daily accounting and reporting across all projects. The Bookkeeper/Analyst will be responsible for the following activities:
* Work with the project team upon execution of new awards to determine contract and invoicing requirements and allocation of budget.
* Establish new jobs/project codes within QuickBooks.
* Issue work orders to consultants based on approved budgets. Work orders will indicate consultant budget, invoicing requirements (based on contract type such as cost plus, fixed fee, etc.).
* Review consultant invoices monthly for accuracy against work orders/project budgets and approve for payment.
* Document costs by project within QuickBooks based on each invoice.
* Perform similar allocations based on employee timecards.
* Generate project cost/revenue reports monthly.
* Generate cash flow reports monthly.
* Generate a centralized pay list and perform payments as approved by the Managing Partner.
* Generate and issue invoices per contractual requirements for key clients.
* This position supports a small, but growing business, and will support various back-office functions including bookkeeping, accounting, and financial analysis.
* Management of all aspects of TIES QuickBooks account.
* Management of all financial records in accordance with GAAP and DCAA guidelines.
* Attention to detail.
* Flexibility to generate reports as needed for internal use/decision making and client needs.
* Documentation of internal processes and communication with consultants per internal requirements.
Education and Experience:
Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience related to accounting, bookkeeping, and financial analysis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
The characteristics listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities preferred to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
* Strong interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication skills are essential for this position. Confidentiality and professionalism at all times are essential for this position.
* Proficient in QuickBooks.
* Proficient understanding of GAAP and DCAA accounting requirements.
* Proficient in common desktop applications (web browsing, Google apps, etc.).
* Ability to work in a team-based environment; demonstrated flexibility, initiative, and collegiality with team members.
* Must have strong general management, problem-solving, organizational, and decision-making skills, as well as technical knowledge, a strong attention to detail, and highly developed customer relations attitude and competencies.
Factors for Success:
* Patient, adept multi-tasker who can remain flexible to competing or changing demands.
* Leads as a proactive team-player and displays a passion for helping people learn through discovery.
* Willingness to learn the work and understand the partners’ need to streamline project accounting and cash flow analysis.
Interested applicants should apply at the link below by June 15, 2018. Anticipated start date for this position is July 1, 2018. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION: TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST SUBMIT AN APPLICATION BELOW:
Minimum Education Required