2900 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
SUMMARY OF POSITION
BAO Systems is seeking a candidate for an Office Manager position in our Washington D.C. office located in Georgetown. This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits package, the desired skills are outlined below.
Typical duties would include assisting office staff with organizing client materials, helping to develop documentation for various internal processes, transcribing or taking notes for calls/meetings, organizing travel for domestic and international travel for our staff, and updating our project/client management software as needed.
Less common, but occasionally required duties would include escorting guests from front desk to office suite, corresponding with clients on behalf of staff, drop-off and pick-up of visa applications at embassies for our staff traveling internationally, and stocking supplies.
The Office Manager's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administer expenses and expense reports related to travel, internal purchases, etc.
- Assist staff on various office related tasks
- Administer domestic and international travel for staff
- Manage the office, including incoming and outgoing mail, meeting preparations, office supplies, company lunch planning, etc.
- Coordinate and facilitate logistics for BAO events
- Take minutes during meetings and teleconferences
- Support business operations team with paperwork and proper filing
- Manage company accounts (such as Concur, Office 365, Amex etc.)
- Facilitate performance reviews, onboarding and offboarding
- Maintain and update staff information
- Facilitate asset management
- Provide compliance support, including staying updated on compliance changes for travel and expense reporting; administering internal policies, practices, and procedures consistently across the staff
- Multifaceted general office support
- Proactive and a fast learner with new technology
- Flexible, self-motivated and team-oriented
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Keen observation skills, as well as attention to detail
- Professional demeanor with excellent customer service skills
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- An ability to anticipate and escalate issues as needed
- Proficient skills with Google Docs, MS Office, and/or similar
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience formatting information for internal and external audiences -- memos, emails, presentations, reports, etc.
- Experience scheduling and coordinating meetings, interviews, events and other similar activities
- Ability to quickly get up-to-speed on the daily activities related to how we support and manage our clients
- Ability to maintain in-office and virtual filing systems
- Native (or equivalent) fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience in international development or public health background
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Experience with Concur
- Savvy with booking travel online
- Experience with per diem and reimbursement systems tracking
- International business experience
- The ideal candidate will be a strong team player, comfortable multi-tasking and detail-oriented
- Cross-cultural experience preferred
BAO Systems provides technology solutions, consulting services, and implementation support for leading health information systems, such as DHIS 2, used in international development and public health. BAO Systems works extensively with major cloud hosting providers to deliver scalable, secure, and extensible health information system platforms collecting data via web and mobile. We are a small, but growing firm that is geographically distributed between the US, Europe, and Africa. Learn more at our website, www.baosystems.com.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Office Manager” in the subject line.