9 Hamilton Place
We need a client manager to be the center of the world for 2-4 amazing nonprofits, project managing the day-to-day for your clients, and keeping your crack team focused and humming along.
Here’s what you’ll be doing on any given day:
- Maintaining the client relationship. Staying in close contact with clients throughout the day via email and phone about all the big and little things going on, leading weekly check-in calls and presenting at big strategy meetings.
- Overseeing the many details involved in launching campaigns using Convio or Salsa or another CRM your client uses.
- Distilling email, web, advertising and social campaign results into the important lessons that could change how a campaign performs.
- Drafting the best fundraising and advocacy email, social, and web copy in the business.
- Reviewing and/or creating notes, plans, calendars, and reports for clients.
- Managing your teams up and down to make sure we’re giving the best possible service to our clients.
- Coming up with about 14 new ideas for petitions, quizzes, fundraising, ads, video, implanted chips, Google Glass or some other new technology or strategy that’s rolling around your giant brain.
- Do your part to help us run smoothly - including carefully tracking all of your client hours as well as pitching in with small office management responsibilities.
- You’ve benched your share of online advocacy and fundraising programs for nonprofits;
- Have 5+ years experience under your belt;
- Know how to use the most common technology our clients are using (Convio, Salsa, BSD, ad platforms, Facebook Insights, etc);
- Kind of competitive and want to be the best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and are always thinking two steps ahead of everyone else.
- Not afraid to speak your mind – you continually suggest new ideas or ways to improve on old ideas or processes.
- Detail oriented! There are a lot of details. You are the person that finds the typo no one else sees.
- Wildly curious about what’s next in the world-changing-business and game to help us get there;
- A true believer. You want to change the world. You are hopeful and helpful and ready to keep your boots on the ground and eye on the prize.
The Fine Print
This position can be located in any of the following M+R offices:
• 11 Park Place, New York, NY
• 1101 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC
• 9 Hamilton Place, Boston, MA
• 1611 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
M+R is 140 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.
One of our core values as a firm is that we take care of each other. Every employee shares in our success and in our profits, and we offer a great salary and benefits package:
- Three weeks vacation as well as sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care and transit;
- Professional development stipend;
- There IS such a thing as free lunch here – on Fridays!
- Weekly brainstorms where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Cold brew coffee on tap.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To see a full job description and apply, follow the link.
No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.