Wellspring Philanthropic Fund (WPF) is seeking a New York–based Program Officer who will be responsible for the strategic development and implementation of grantmaking related to women’s rights, specifically advancing economic justice, including land and property rights.
· Educate WPF donors on issues related to economic justice for women, including land and property rights, internationally.
· Develop and direct grantmaking programs to advance economic justice for women that demonstrate creativity, strategic thought, and a learning orientation.
· Manage a large portfolio of grants, from solicitation through assessment, analysis, recommendation, and evaluation; manage the program’s budget as well as relationships with grantees.
· Build constructive relationships with grantees, both virtually and through site visits in the United States and internationally.
· Remain up-to-date on women’s rights issues, strategies, and funding trends, internationally and domestically.
· Engage with the community of donors and NGOs working to advance women’s rights globally and in the US, and remain in ongoing conversation with leading experts, especially related to economic justice.
· Identify appropriate partners and collaborations to advance grantmaking strategies.
· Explore new models of grantmaking.
· Develop capacity building strategies for grantees/field.
· Actively support programmatic integration and learning within the women’s rights program and across programs; contribute to the advancement of foundation-wide initiatives.
· Identify and manage consultants supporting the program and grantees.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
Wellspring offers a very generous benefits package including payment of 100% of health insurance premiums for employees (and 80% of premiums for spouses, domestic partners, and qualified family members). Wellspring also offers other benefits including life insurance, long‐term disability protection, a group 401(k) retirement plan (with an employer match), support for continuing education, and is committed to providing transgender‐inclusive healthcare.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
For employment consideration, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line [Your name]—WR Program Officer. All applications must include:
· a thoughtful cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience make you well-suited to fill this role and how you became aware of this opportunity
· a résumé
· one writing sample (no less than three and no more than five pages, in PDF format)
· salary requirements (must specify amount or range)
Our preference is that applicants have work authorization to work in the United States. If you need sponsorship, please let us know in your cover letter.