The primary objective of this full-time, entry-level position is to coordinate functions within the Member Services Department of an Association Management Company (AMC), encompassing member recruitment, retention and engagement efforts. This role has significant interaction with members, prospects, volunteers and staff. Management of the following projects includes: serve as member services lead on at least three clients, manage certificate program, staff client exhibit booth, serve as staff liaison to client committees and work groups, answer phones, coordinate client event registrations, and other various responsibilities that support the goals and objectives of this department.
- Serves as first point of contact for members, prospects and staff; makes recommendations on courses of action to improve member experience based on client feedback.
- Answers phones in a timely manner.
- Responds to member inquiries promptly. Engages in problem solving and both independent and collaborative decision making in response to member needs.
- Properly enters data to ensure the integrity of the database and member information.
- Uses databases to develop prospect lists and information for recruitment activities.
- Coordinates annual dues process, including emailing and mailing dues, reconciling payments with accounting, sending receipts, etc. Makes recommendations as to adjustment of dues timelines, wording and method of communications based on analysis of results.
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of membership information online.
- Responds to staff requests for membership information and prepares reports from the database.
- Prepares reports from the database with regards to member engagement; analyzes trends and make recommendations.
- Informs staff of membership activities.
- Sends membership kits and information, as appropriate.
- Staff’s association exhibit booth at trade shows, as appropriate.
- Manages and oversees certificate program, as appropriate.
- Manages publications inventory and fulfills publications sales for client associations.
- Stays apprised of association activities, policies, and services.
- Assists in providing administrative support for Boards and committees.
- Understands and operates within client budgets and scopes of work.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of letterhead and supplies and orders, as necessary.
- Leads the creation of event registration platforms, including developing and testing online registration forms, entering registrations into database, sending registration confirmations, printing badges, and managing the event shipment.
- Handles onsite registration at client meetings.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years experience in association membership preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in database programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Accuracy a must.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent, personable and diplomatic customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask, work independently and work efficiently under deadlines.
- Possess a positive team-player attitude.
- Proven project management skills.
About Management Solutions Plus, Inc.
Management Solutions Plus (MSP) is an Association Management Company (AMC) located in Rockville, MD that efficiently and effectively serves associations of all scopes and sizes. Our team of 46 professionals is committed to partnering with our clients to ensure their success. MSP offers extensive experience in all aspects of association management, including strategic and financial management, conference and meeting planning, membership services, marketing and development, online services and publications design and management. We are proud to be one of a handful of AMCs to earn accreditation from AMCi (Association Management Company Institute).