Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) Specialist, Mexico Civil Society Activity (CSA), Mexico City
- Job posted by SOCIMPACTINC SC
Full Time Contract
SI is seeking a Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) Specialist for the USAID/Mexico Civil Society Activity. The HICD Specialist will work closely with the Chief of Party to provide expert technical guidance on different aspects related to human and institutional capacity development to Civil Society Organizations in Mexico. This position will be full-time and based in Mexico City, and requires availability to travel within the interior of the Mexican Republic.
**Only Mexican citizens**
· Provide expert technical guidance on all aspects related to human and institutional development to Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) that work on the fields of Human Rights, crime and violence prevention, and justice system reform.
· Coordinate the design and implementation of institutional capacity assessments for CSOs, the design and implementation of solution packages, and monitoring and evaluation of results of solution packages.
· Support the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in performance monitoring and management system design.
· Assume a lead role in various stages of the implementation of the human and institutional capacity development strategies as directed.
· Perform consulting activities to assist diverse CSOs in activities such as building leadership.
· Perform strategic planning, conduct information analysis, develop process improvements, perform facilitation services, conduct surveys and improve an organization’s results.
· University degree in social work, public or business administration, Political Science, Social Sciences, industrial engineer or a related field required; Advanced degree preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge and at least two years of experience working with the Civil Society Sector.
· At least three years of experience in implementing capacity building processes.
· Demonstrated experience in providing expert technical guidance to Civil Society Organizations, including: implementing institutional capacity assessments, designing and implementing solution packages and designing monitoring and evaluation systems.
· Demonstrated experience in coaching, mentoring and/or training, with participatory approach.
· Experience working in Mexico required.
· Certified Performance Technologist (CPT), Human Performance Improvement (HPI) Certification or other certifications on institutional development desirable.
· Fluent in English and Spanish (spoken and written).
· Excellent communication skills.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English and Spanish (spoken and written).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit applications to:
Maria Elena Zarco
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.