We are looking to grow the team with someone passionate about providing great candidate experiences, really skilled when it comes to managing the full-cycle recruitment/hiring process, and willing to help us improve the way we do things today.
We are offering for this role a salary range of 20K-30K Euros (depending on your experience), and we are open to exploring full time and part-time contracts options (with a minimum of 50% time dedication) depending on the candidate's needs.
We have operations in Spain, Portugal and the UK, so you will be very welcome to join us if you live and are eligible to work in any of these 3 countries, where you will be able to work remotely.
1. Would you like to be part of Vizzuality’s story?
Are you motivated by the desire to help build a sustainable planet for all life on Earth? Are you looking for a new opportunity?
Vizzuality’s purpose is to reach a fair and sustainable planet by creating tools that radically empower people to make positive changes now.
We are a world-leading technology agency based in Madrid, Cambridge, and Porto. We design and develop data-driven tools and applications for international organisations that focus on Climate Change, Biodiversity and Inequality.
Solving such large and complex problems will bring you into contact with new technology and some of the world’s most interesting organisations and academics in machine learning, remote sensing, and planetary data. You’ll be working on projects like these:
2. Our Culture “This is how we do things here”
Our aim is to help the world become a better place, therefore we need to make sure we care about our people and give them the power to build great things. These are some of the things that define our culture:
- Our team structure relies on self-organisation.
- We want to work with colleagues who don't have to look ‘up’ for approval, nor look ‘down’ and give instructions.
- As soon as you step inside, we will provide you with the best tools and technology, and then we will trust you to do great things.
- We use our deep understanding of people’s needs to spark delight.
- Our choices are based on science, research, and design principles.
- For ourselves, our colleagues, the organisation.
- We know what we do is important and we have a strong sense of responsibility for the work we do.
- As we are always embarking on new projects and challenges, a continuous learning mindset and a “Can Do” attitude is a must
- We are conscientious, we focus on learning and achieving our goals
- We give power to people so they can make decisions, and plot their own paths with help from all around them
We have fun:
- We also know that you need to balance seriousness with fun.
- If you can make people smile you will be off to a great start!
3. A day in the life of a Talent Acquisition Specialist at Vizzuality
In the last 18 months, we have set up some basics but now we want to take Talent Acquisition to the next level, and this is where you come in :) The People Team today is relatively small and you will be working mostly with Daniel and Sebastian. We are always involved in different people's projects, sometimes we lead initiatives and some others we support and follow each other, we have spaces to reflect and think together, and are also comfortable at “wearing different hats”.
If our ways of working sound cool to you, you will also have the opportunity to get involved in other people's areas. Even more, and especially during “low hiring periods”, you will have the space to grow your skills and evolve your career by shifting roles and responsibilities so you can add value and learn about other people's areas.
More specifically, below you will find some of the things you will be doing:
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process. You will work with our teams to define role requirements, create and promote job ads, screen job applications, make phone interviews, coordinate candidate testing and challenges, conduct interviews, as well as supporting the teams to make final decisions.
- You will be a gatekeeper when it comes to ensuring that only the best talent that will add value to our culture is hired.
- You will be at the heart of our candidate experience, and you will have the great responsibility of being the main point of contact with all applicants, providing them with ongoing communication and feedback.
- Align and support the team with ongoing communication and feedback to make sure everyone is informed, progressing and adding value to the process when needed.
- You will provide well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team to facilitate decision making.
- You will be always looking for methods to improve the way we hire people. You will look at data, insights, feedback and best practices to improve the quality of candidates and also refine our processes, tools and resources.
- You will design and improve tools and resources to empower the team when recruiting new colleagues.
- You will be responsible for some of the admin work regarding Recruitment (scheduling interviews, coordinating the team, logistics, etc.)
- You will design and manage our employer branding strategy, will launch talent attraction campaigns in social media, as well as being the main point of contact with external recruitment providers and job portals.
4. These are some of the things you will be achieving in your first year at Vizzuality
On your first month:
- You will learn about our way of doing things at Vizzuality and get a better feeling and understanding about our culture, principles and the things we value here, so you can then use those insights when hiring great people.
- You will take a ‘deep dive’ into how we do hiring today. You will familiarise yourself with the process and tools we use, will learn about our candidate experience, and will get a closer look at how we communicate and care for our team and candidates.
- You will shadow our team in one or more hiring processes.
- You’ll get to know people from the rest of the functional teams (science, design, front-end, back-end, design/research, and business development) and will learn more about their ways of working and hiring needs.
During the following months:
- You will kick off your first hiring process. You will be the first point of contact with our candidates, and will also be helping our teams with their recruitment needs.
- You will coach team members on our hiring process and tools to increase adoption.
By the end of the first 6 months:
- You will be involved in a few hiring processes in parallel and will be on top of things, ensuring that the team, interviewers and candidates have a great experience and get all the support and alignment they need.
- After 6 months on the job (or earlier if you have them), you will be encouraged to offer input and tangible ideas into improving the experiences we offer both to our team and our candidates, as well as our employer branding efforts.
- You will review and improve our referral program with the intention of helping our team become more active and engaged in talent attraction.
5. Skills and experiences we are looking for in a candidate
Must have skills and experience:
- A few years of full-cycle experience as a recruiter (in-house or hiring agencies)
- “Our Profiles”: Track record of hiring Software Engineers, Designers, Scientists, etc.
- Sourcing: Experience using multiple sourcing and attraction methods (ie. direct sourcing, industry/social networking, job sites, employee referrals, career fairs, etc.).
- Interviewing: Experience interviewing and assessing applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills and experience.
- Communications: Great communication skills, both in written and verbal English. This is pretty important for us as we work in English, run all stages of our hiring process in English, and also put a lot of care into the candidate experience.
- Radical Responsibility: We highly value people who can produce high-quality work with minimal supervision. We will offer you as much help as you need and we will work together a lot, but we will expect you to own and lead your work, take ownership and know how to prioritize, without the need of a “Boss” telling you what to do.
Anything else to impress us? Over time, we’d like this role to take on more responsibilities. If you have experience across one/some/all of the areas below or would like to learn more about any of them, we would love to hear more about it!
- Employer Branding: Experience designing integrated employer branding strategies to raise awareness and help attract talent (ie. events, communication and marketing campaigns, social media, job boards, meetups, etc.)
- Other People Areas: You have prior experience and/or a strong interest in other “people areas” (ie. culture, learning and development, organisational design, performance, rewards, company retreats and social gatherings, etc.).
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: You care deeply about these topics and have some experience implementing them in hiring practices and/or other people areas.
- Continuous Learning: We use an experimental and iterative process when designing and implementing people initiatives. The willingness to engage in continuous feedback (giving and receiving) and learning how to improve on a day to day is imperative.
- Analytics: Experience using data when it comes to sourcing, selection, and hiring to improve decision making.
- Progressive Ways of Working: You have experience and/or interest in learning about progressive ways of working (self-management, distributed leadership, teal, sociocracy, holacracy, etc.).
We are a Self-Managed Organisation: Below you will find some characteristics that make people successful in an organisation like ours:
- Motivation: The willingness and aspiration to excel in the pursuit of unselfish, collective goals; deep personal humility and a focus on self-improvement.
- Curiosity: The instinct to seek new experiences, knowledge and feedback with an openness to learning and change.
- Insight: The ability to gather and make sense of information that suggests new possibilities.
- Engagement: The capacity to use emotion and reason to communicate a persuasive vision and connect with people.
- Determination: The ability to pursue and work on difficult goals despite challenges.
6. Compensation, Benefits & Growth “This is what you get when you join Vizzuality”
Our compensation and benefits are part of a great career opportunity with the potential for you to grow and work in something with a massive transformational purpose. So if you really care about the real-world impact of your work and are inspired by our mission to transform the world, we can offer you:
Compensation & Benefits:
- A competitive salary. We are offering between 20K and 30K Euros. This range is only an indication and we will agree on your final salary together based on your specific experience and profile
- A yearly bonus of up to 10% of the salary, depending on the company's performance and your own.
- If you are based in Spain or Portugal, you will get Health & Dental Insurance subsidised by the company.
- Mental health support via Spill, our third-party provider, to connect you with qualified counsellors and curated resources.
- 22 Holiday Days + 1 Day for your birthday.
Work and Personal Life Integration:
- We are open to exploring full time and part-time contracts options (with a minimum of 50% time dedication) depending on the candidate's needs.
- We have a remote-friendly culture with teammates located across four countries and 10 cities. We run all our meetings online and create opportunities for the online experience to be better every day.
- We offer a flexible work environment and flexible hours, and as long as you do what you have to do, meet your objectives and coordinate accordingly with your team, we are not so worried if you work at the office, in a coffee shop, on your sofa at home, or at the beach!
Learning and working on new and interesting things is fun so we offer many opportunities to do so:
- A training allowance of 1300 €/year for courses, workshops, conferences or meetups of your choice, including travel and lodging.
- Get your hands on cool technology and applications to do your work, communicate, and build great things.
- You will work alongside a talented team of engineers, designers, and scientists with multiple backgrounds and skills.
- Peer mentoring.
- You will have the freedom to design a career path that suits your interests and growth needs.
- Support for giving talks and contributing to open source projects/initiatives that align with Vizzuality.
7. Recruitment Process Overview
Do you have what it takes to change the world? If after reading the description of the role, you like our culture and you believe you have what it takes to join Vizzuality, please send us your application.
This is how the recruitment process looks like and also some suggestions for you to include and consider in your application.
- Having a legal permit to work in Spain/Portugal/UK is mandatory and required, so make sure to state and confirm you are eligible to work in one of our countries.
- In other words, even if you match all requirements for the role and have the best skills, if you don't have the legal permit to work in one of our offices, we won't be able to include you in the recruitment process.
Application: 7th to 16th September
- Send us your CV and Cover Letter, explaining why you would like to work with us and what you can bring to the team.
- Please include any samples of your work and projects you find relevant to the offer.
- Fluent English is really important to us, so if it’s not your first language please demonstrate your abilities in your CV and Cover Letter. We will not consider applications that are not sent in English.
First Screener: 22nd September to 6th October
- This is a 60-minute informal interview so you can get to know a bit better the company, our culture and ask any questions about the role and our ways of working.
- From our side, we are interested in understanding more about what you are looking for, your current skill level and experience, and what you care about.
Interview: 11th to 22nd October
- You will be meeting with a few of us and we will deep dive into your background, experience and skills.
- We will also invite you to explore with us some “day to day challenges” we experience at work. The idea of doing this is to understand more how you work, what is important for you when it comes to Hiring & People topics, and to work collaboratively in solving a problem.
- This will be another opportunity for you to ask us questions about the role and the company.
Catch Up with the team: 25th to 29th October
- During the last stage of the process, the idea is to offer you a final opportunity to get to know more people on the team so you can make a more informed decision.
- You will be meeting people from different areas/levels/offices, so you can get an idea of what different people in the company do, how we organise ourselves, our typical day to day, or any other info you may want to get first hand.