262 Washington Street
We’re looking for an Online Associate to join one of the best firms in the do-gooder business.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Work in a team to create and implement effective digital campaigns for clients.
- Manage eCRM technology such as Salsa and Convio to code email communications in HTML.
- Run queries and create client reports to track email messaging, advocacy campaigns, membership recruitment, and return on investment.
- Execute A/B testing plan to optimize campaigns.
- Pull and analyze data and help draft memos on campaign results.
- Help draft action alerts, social media copy, and other creative materials.
- Manage paid online advertising and other email list growth initiatives.
- Project management: Keep task lists, meetings agendas, and communications calendars across your clients.
- Wrangle teammates at all levels to keep your teams running smoothly.
- Do your part to help us run smoothly - including carefully tracking all of your client hours as well as pitching in with small office management responsibilities.
Skills and experiences you should have:
- 1-3 years of digital marketing experience.
- Ability to code basic HTML by hand (not using a program or tool).
- Capability to crunch numbers in Excel and draw insights from the results.
- Acute attention to detail - you don’t drop the ball.
- Strong ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Ability to prioritize your time to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Capability to tackle big projects by breaking them down into smaller pieces.
- Proven track record to successfully pick up new skills on the job.
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Thoughtfulness, empathy, and self awareness. You go out of your way to help others and look out for your colleagues.
- Passion for the role that digital campaigning plays in creating change in the world. You are excited by the idea of working across many issues.
- Ability to set goals and drive toward them - never missing deadlines, never dropping balls, and always producing high quality work.
- Recognition that feedback is a part of learning and growth and are committed to both seeking and receiving feedback.
- Preference to work in a team. You are able to do the hard work of seeing things from others’ perspectives.
- Ability to see a problem and propose a solution. You don’t wait for others to notice issues or assume someone else will fix it.
- Experience bringing a lens of inclusivity to all of your interactions with colleagues.
The fine print
The position could be located in one of the following offices:
1101 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC
262 Washington St, Boston, MA
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
M+R is 140 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.
Salary, benefits and some perks:
- One of our core values as a firm is that we take care of each other. Every employee shares in our success and in our profits, and we offer a great salary and benefits package:
- Three week’s vacation as well as paid sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit;
- Professional development stipend;
- There IS such a thing as free lunch here – on Fridays!
- Weekly brainstorms where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Cold brew coffee on tap.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To see a full job description and apply, follow the link.
No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview: