Organization: Vision Change Win LLC (VCW)
Position: Director of Operations and Finance
Reports to: Deputy Director
FLSA: Exempt, Full-Time, 40 hours/week
Location: Remote (New York City, Bay Area, CA, Atlanta, GA preferred)
Required Travel: Due to COVID-19, VCW staff will not be traveling until it is safe to do so. When travel can be safely resumed, expected travel is approximately 15%.
Compensation: $80,000 – $95,000 annual salary, commensurate with experience; benefits include medical, dental and paid time off
Start Date: December 1, 2021; Position open until filled
ABOUT VISION CHANGE WIN
Vision Change Win (VCW) is a Black-led social justice consultancy that has brought together a team of queer and trans people of color social justice consultants dedicated to supporting organizations and movements in deepening their impact and more effectively manifesting their visions and values. VCW delivers practical support to social justice organizations in the areas of organizational sustainability and resilience, political strategy, conflict transformation, transformative strategy, and community safety. Over the past six years, Vision Change Win has worked with over 100 clients and over 3,000 social change leaders, and our work has supported organizations in over 25 countries. As VCW is being called to increase our impact and expand our work, there is a need to deepen its presence and reach within our movement organizations.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As Vision Change Win’s Director of Operations and Finance, reporting to the Deputy Director, you’ll ensure that VCW’s day to day systems run smoothly. This role is responsible for overarching strategy and implementation on human resources, operations, and financial management. As the newest member of the #humblegenius team, you’ll have a deep attention to detail, an appetite for self and organizational growth, a passion for liberation movements, and courageous yet compassionate communication skills.
Operations and Team Support
- Serve on the Leadership Team and provide guidance on the financial and operational implications of VCW’s organizational goals and management strategy Create internal processes that improve VCW’s time and financial efficiency (e.g. internal communications, financial reporting systems)
- Ensure that VCW has a proper risk management plan in place (e.g. insurance and operating reserves)
- Ensure that VCW is in compliance with relevant Local, State, and Federal laws and regulations
- Manage and implement payroll, employee benefits, onboarding and offboarding employees, and general human resources. Ensure that HR initiatives are closely integrated into annual organizational plans.
- Coordinate initiatives on employee benefits, compensation, and other staff improvements
- Manage and implement contractor agreements, relations, support, and communications
- Coordinate with legal counsel to ensure that legal requirements are being fulfilled
- Oversee the selection and implementation of all technology systems, acting as executive sponsor of those systems and bringing together relevant employees throughout VCW to achieve common goals
- Support client intake process as needed
- Maintain and support continuous lines of internal communication
- Facilitate the annual budget process in collaboration with the Executive Director and Deputy Director, with relevant staff input, to ensure a timely budget
- Create long term plans for VCW’s financial sustainability with the Deputy Director
- Oversee all accounting responsibilities such as financial projections, budgeting, quarterly financial reports, expense tracking, and contractor and client billing and invoice tracking.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of VCW’s operations through sound fiscal management and implementation
- Coordinating and supporting staff with the development of budgets for new programs, grant applications, RFP responses, etc.
- Produce internal and external financial reports
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations of all government agencies, including the tax agencies
- Hire and manage the Operations Coordinator to:
- Supporting operations, human resources, and/or financial management, as assigned by the Managing Director or Executive Director.
- Manage and update Customer Relationship Management database (CRM) with all client contact information, meeting records, follow up reports and project documentation
- Support logistics for all-staff meetings, retreats, events, etc.
- Maintain positive relationships with banks and lenders, service and supply vendors, and other professionals
- Maintaining digital records and contact lists
- Support VCW communications, website updates, and social media as requested
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a results orientation. You have an “it’s handled” mentality and have demonstrated experience overseeing successful projects both independently and through managing other team members (staff and consultants) to achieve collective goals and objectives. You have a high degree of focus. Because VCW has many incredible projects, they will lean on you to focus in on the mission, act decisively to ward off distraction, and assertively set clear boundaries to keep the work moving in the right direction.
- You have a high attention to detail. You check things multiple times, have your own systems of keeping yourself organized and there’s rarely errors or unassigned tasks within your work.
- You are creative and innovative.You can see a need and propose a solution. You’re passionate about supporting movements to be stronger. You’re able to coordinate and execute on successful projects with limited guidance. You’re also a pro at managing up, bringing in the Executive Director and other members of the team when and where you need them.
- You lead with integrity. You care about what fixes the problem, even if it’s not what an organization (or a person) wants to hear. You stand by your work and are an honest and accountable collaborator.
- You’re a vault. What’s said to you stays with you. You understand the risks of disclosing sensitive information, have deep experience with managing confidentiality, and are comfortable with the risks of holding a movement’s confidences.
- At least eight years of relevant work experience, with at least three years management experience in an operations setting
- At least five years of financial management experience
- At least three years of HR experience
- Preference for experience in start-ups, organizational consulting, operations, or shared services
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and manage business systems and processes to support a growing multi-site organization
- Experience in roles requiring collaboration with internal staff and external partners
- Demonstrated commitment and experience working within racial justice, LGBTQ liberation, and gender justice organizations
- Excellent project management skills and extensive experience developing and delivering on goals and strategies; experience doing this in teams that are mix of staff and consultants is a plus
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
- Proficiency with project management tools, accounting software, Microsoft Office
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Vision Change Win staff mostly work remotely, with some in-person activity. When not in a pandemic, we hold in-person retreats and meetings two to four meetings a year that may involve travel. This position may require additional travel. This job will require regular work on a computer, including typing, reading a screen, video meetings and audio calls, all in English.