Lawfordable is a startup that provides legal benefits to union members across the nation. Being a startup, this means that sometimes you’ll have to do things outside the job description and juggle multiple tasks at once. If this excites you, please continue reading.
We’re looking for team members who are:
- Self-starters: You don’t need to be told what to do.
- Always Learning: You’re curious about the world and always seeking new information.
- Competitive: When you play a board game with friends, you only play to win.
- Team Player: If someone needs help, you’re willing to lend a hand.
- Passionate: You want to make the world a better place!
The Outreach and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for utilization of legal benefits from union members. They will increase utilization of legal benefits from union members participating in the program and improve visibility of the white label services through all mediums available: digital, social media, and in-person. They will report to the Programs Director and work closely with the Founder & Executive Director.
The Outreach and Communications Coordinator will be based in New York City, but our team is currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Relevant work experience of 2-5 years.
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong experience preparing strategy documents.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Knowledge of Google Suite, Canva, Photoshop, Adobe, etc.
The main responsibility is to increase utilization of legal benefits from members.
- Develop content strategy for all social media platforms, website and email campaigns.
- Develop paid ad strategy for social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Create content on social media platforms and websites.
- Write email content.
- Develop unique live programming for constituencies, such as webinars, Zoom member meetings, etc.
- Assist Programs Director with developing scripts for call center.
- Work with the Programs Director to prepare white papers on policy issues related to members.
- Create flyers and other promotional materials.
- Work with the Program Director to maintain content on websites.
- Develop and implement outreach strategies to members, including in-person meetings, presentations and lit drop-offs.
- Work with union leaders and other community leaders to promote legal benefits.
- Work with customer service representatives to engage members for completing surveys of service.
- Experiment with alternative practices in order to innovate and identify best practices for increasing utilization.
Helpful Skills for this Role:
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Public Relations, or other related fields.
- Experience researching public policy
- Knowledge of SEO principles and techniques.
- Experience working with paid ads on Facebook and other social media.