Transform Health is hiring a California-focused Policy Analyst. Transform Health is a mission-driven, health policy and health system transformation-focused consulting firm. We offer strategic and operational support, and technical expertise to a broad array of stakeholders, including governments, nonprofits, health centers, safety-net health systems, foundations, health plans, and community-based organizations. Our small business has a uniquely deep bench of experience and expertise in federal and state health policy, program implementation, Medicaid, outreach and enrollment, payment reform, as well as delivery system redesign. Transform Health is headquartered in Sacramento, CA, and is nationally certified as a Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise (MWBE). This position is remote in California.
This is a full-time, salaried position and serves a critical and strategic role with visibility in the California health policy community. This position requires an organized and detail-oriented self-directing individual who is comfortable working with diverse teams across a broad array of stakeholders. At least three to five years of knowledge and experience with policies and programs related to Medi-Cal (Medicaid), the Affordable Care Act, and its impact in California, managed care, data analysis, and program operations are required.
The primary role of the California Policy Analyst is expected to write and synthesize complex information into technical and consumable documents including issue briefs, PowerPoint, work plans, blog posts, and more. In addition, policy analysis, research, project management, facilitation, and presenting to clients will be key functions in this role. Monitoring and digesting California policy and legislation (e.g. bill tracking) will be critical to being successful in this role. It is anticipated the Policy Analyst will work directly with clients and some travel required annually, including time spent in our Sacramento office.
Primary Duties include:
• Work closely with the leadership and staff of Transform Health to implement, manage, and
produce deliverables for complex policy projects, which includes drafting policy materials,
creating work plans, providing research and analysis, and writing promotional blogs and issue
• Monitor California policy and legislation and brief staff and clients on policy updates both
written and orally.
• Track policy conversations and issues that impact our clients and stakeholders.
• Lead policy and strategy conversations with clients about the California Medicaid, Managed
Care, and health policy landscape including CalAIM, Medicaid waivers, and subsequent policy
efforts within the state.
• Represent Transform Health at meetings with clients and engage in proposal writing for
business development activities.
• Data analysis and synthesis for actionable application for policy projects.
• Some training and facilitation with partners and clients is expected.
Policy Expertise and Work Experience in at least one of these Knowledge Areas:
• Medi-Cal (Medicaid in California) policy.
• Managed care, health plans, and Medicaid managed care.
• Systems change policies to address health disparities and social determinants of health.
• Health care management, operations, implementation experience.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Must have at least three years of California policy experience.
• Master’s degree in public health, public policy, health care administration, and/or law degree
• Technically savvy, strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and able to use WordPress.
• Self-starter who can work independently on tight timelines and also collaborate with a team.
We offer a generous benefits package with 401K match. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Read more about us at https://transformhc.com/
Transform Health is hiring a California-focused Policy Analyst. Transform Health is a mission-driven, health policy and health system transformation-focused consulting firm. We offer strategic and operational support, and technical…
Include writing samples or links to writing samples in your application.