About TCC Group
TCC Group, founded in 1980, is a social impact consulting firm committed to addressing complex social problems by heightening our clients’ understanding of their collaborative role in society. We provide an array of services to nonprofits, foundations and corporate citizenship programs that include strategic planning and program development, foundation and grants management, landscape research and organizational assessment, evaluation and organizational learning, and capacity building.
About the Position
The Administrative Assistant is a full-time employee, based in New York, whose primary role is to serve as a receptionist and provide support to the CEO, the CAO and the Finance/HR department. The position requires an individual that is proactive, reliable, responsible, highly organized, and willing to take initiative.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as the voice and face of the firm at the NY office by answering, screening and transferring calls accordingly as well as meeting and greeting visitors.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail and packages; coordinates the pickup and delivery of express mail services such as FedEx, UPS, etc.
- Manage outgoing mail and assist with shipping, delivery, and courier services when applicable.
- Assist in ensuring an overall organized office environment for the NY office.
- Ensure office equipment (printers, copiers) are maintained and functioning.
- Conduct regular inventory of office and other supplies.
- Order new supplies as required as well as maintain inventory for office/kitchen supplies including groceries.
- Maintain office security and related security tasks.
- Work with vendors on an ongoing basis, including cleaning and office equipment vendors.
- Provide a range of administrative support to the CEO including booking travel, helping with correspondence, managing his calendar, filing, expense entry and time entry.
- Assist with planning and organizing firm events and meetings, including Leadership Team meetings, Firm meetings, staff events, etc.
Finance & Human Resources Support
- Support the Human Resources department in a range of activities, including:
- Recruitment – assisting with posting of positions, managing resumes, organizing and coordinating interviews and meetings
- Support the Finance Department in a range of activities, including:
- Accounts Payable – coding and posting vendor invoices, reconciling statements, mailing checks, making copies of client expenses and managing all finance related files
- Bachelor’s degree and a suggested minimum of two years recent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and pleasant phone manner.
- High level of proficiency with all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Strong technology support skills (working knowledge of desktops, laptops, printers, and smart phones) are a definite plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well both as member of a team and independently.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Highly professional, extremely well organized, thorough, and detail-oriented.
Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm.
Commensurate with experience; competitive benefits package.
Please submit a resume and cover letter for the “Administrative Assistant” position at https://jobs-tccgrp.icims.com/ .
No telephone calls or emails, please.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the firm is filled by the best-qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. It is our policy to encourage promotion from among present employees, subject to the application of the best-qualified employee.
Minimum Education Required