AI4ALL is a national nonprofit that fosters the next generation of diverse leaders in artificial intelligence. AI4ALL has empowered over 15,000 people in all 50 states and globally with AI education. Eighty-one percent of alumni in AI4ALL Changemakers in AI are interested in a career in AI after completing the program, and many are already making significant impacts in the field, from educating their peers to winning “best paper” at top AI conferences. In 2021, AI4ALL Summer Programs will run at 15 top universities around North America. Over 4,000 high school teachers and students have used AI4ALL’s free AI curriculum through AI4ALL Open Learning. Additionally, AI4ALL College Pathways now operates at four universities, increasing access to AI careers for college students not already on an AI pathway.
By telling a new story about who can be a leader in AI, we’re creating tomorrow’s AI leaders and changing technology’s future. AI4ALL has received funding from Melinda Gates/Pivotal Ventures, Google.org, Prudential Financial, Microsoft, EY, and The Micron Foundation, among others and has been featured in the New York Times, TIME, CNN, The Washington Post, USA Today, and The Atlantic.
About the Opportunity
AI4ALL is seeking an experienced CEO to lead the organization in its next stage of growth and evolution in its 5th year. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will lead an outstanding organization of 20+ engaged staff, more than 20 University Partners, and an annual operating budget of $4M. Following a legacy of strong relationships and an excellent reputation in the community, this is an exciting opportunity to be at the helm of an organization shaping the future of artificial intelligence at a national level. The ideal candidate is an expert at fundraising and relationship building, inspiring and supporting a high performing team, and providing strategic leadership as the organization continues its transformational impact in nurturing the next generation of diverse leaders in AI.
Fundraising & Development
● In collaboration with the CFO, Board, and Corporate Partnerships team, creates a sustainable business model, growing and leveraging the strong foundation of existing revenue streams and creating new opportunities for funding.
● Cultivates strong and sustainable relationships with foundations, corporations, major donors, and prospects, taking a leadership role in developing donor engagement strategies.
● Oversees stakeholder engagement and relationships including the AI4ALL Advisory Board of key leaders from artificial intelligence, diversity and inclusion and education.
Organizational Leadership & Strategy
● Working closely with the Board and executive team, finalizes and implements the strategic plan that aligns AI4ALL’s core values, mission, vision, and long-term goals.
● Working closely with the CFO and leadership team, guides and oversees the overall functioning of the organization including programs, operations, partnerships, and finances.
● Stewards a high-functioning, inclusive, and supportive workplace environment and culture, developing the leadership team while retaining, supporting and recruiting excellent talent.
● Tracks goals and metrics closely to ensure programmatic quality, rigor and impact.
Board Collaboration and Management:
● Works closely with Board leadership to support Board recruitment, engagement, and cohesiveness.
● Collaborate with the Board Chair and Board members to create a strategic vision and plan and prepare for Board meetings and retreats to drive AI4ALL’s strategic vision for the organization.
● Update the Board on organizational metrics, successes and challenges while collaborating with Board committees to drive forward key objectives.
Communications and Partnerships:
● In coordination with the Communications Director, ensure organizational communications strategy aligns with AI4ALL brand and values.
● Acts as a spokesperson for the AI4ALL mission and vision with key audiences, including AI researchers, AI industry leaders, higher education institutions, and at key conferences and events around the country.
● Initiates, develops and maintains excellent relationships with key constituencies including corporations, university foundations, and community and education partners.
● Prior experience as a CEO, Executive Director, or member of the senior leadership team of an organization with a comparable degree of complexity or operating budget.
● A minimum of 8 years’ experience in management and leadership positions.
● Demonstrated fundraising success with a track record of raising multi-millions annually from a combination of major donors, private foundations and corporate partnerships in particular.
● Ability to steward a strong, supportive organizational culture and inspire employees to work towards a common vision.
● An entrepreneurial business mindset with a proven track record leading a growing team towards ambitious outcomes.
● Deep commitment to the principles of equity, inclusion and diversity and experience working with a diverse community of stakeholders.
● Passion for the mission of diversity in AI and the power of education to impact lives.
● Bachelor’s degree minimum
Location preference: Flexible, but with strong preference for SF Bay Area or New York City
AI4ALL is a national nonprofit that fosters the next generation of diverse leaders in artificial intelligence. AI4ALL has empowered over 15,000 people in all 50 states and globally with AI education. Eighty-one percent of…
How To Apply:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, disability, or sexual orientation. As an equal opportunity employer that values the organizational benefits of a diverse staff, AI4ALL is committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people with a variety of backgrounds and attributes.
AI4ALL has retained Schaffer&Combs, a certified B Corporation, to support this search. In order to apply, please submit a current resume and thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest and outlines your relevant skills and experience.
Please refrain from contacting AAI4ALL directly. All inquiries should be directed to Schaffer&Combs at firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
How To Apply:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital…