Details: Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits and bonus opportunities.
30 W. Monroe St.
RW Ventures, LLC specializes in creating products and enterprises to drive inclusive industry, neighborhood and regional economic growth. Based in Chicago, the firm is recognized as a national leader in market-based economic development. The firm manages large-scale, complex economic growth projects by assembling interdisciplinary teams of national experts, including partners such as the Brookings Institution, LISC and the MacArthur Foundation. Illustrative projects range from developing economic growth plans in more than ten regions through the Metropolitan Business Planning initiative; to creating the Chicagoland Food and Beverage Network, an inclusive cluster organization for food and beverage manufacturers; to developing and deploying sophisticated analytics, financial products and deal-brokering capacity to drive neighborhood change through Chicago TREND, a social enterprise focused on catalyzing leading-edge urban retail development. In all of our projects, we seek to bridge the gap between theory and practice, driving rigorous research from a practitioner perspective, and translating results into practical programs. For more information on the firm, its partners, clients and projects, please visit our website: www.rw-ventures.com.
We seek an innovative and motivated Associate with strong critical thinking and organizational skills to play an integral role in every aspect of the firm’s work, from research to product and strategy development to project management. The position provides the opportunity to learn and grow quickly, working with leading national experts on projects at the forefront of the economic development field. The firm’s project pipeline encompasses a wide variety of work, including the South Suburban Economic Growth Initiative, a comprehensive, multi-stakeholder effort to catalyze growth in an under-invested area of Cook County; the Regional Growth Innovation Network, a national, practitioner-led institution driving innovation in the field of inclusive economic growth; and an engagement to develop an overarching economic development strategy and design specific growth initiatives for the Greater Sacramento metropolitan region.
Working closely with the rest of the team, the Associate will:
- Conduct research, literature reviews and market analysis of business, workforce, housing and other economic activity in neighborhoods and regions, utilizing quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Draft memos, papers, reports, proposals and presentations describing economic frameworks, analysis and research results; suggesting possible strategies; and analyzing varied economic opportunities
- Co-invent new frameworks, products, initiatives and enterprises to address specific economic development challenges and opportunities (e.g., manufacturing innovation, urban industrial land re-use, innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem), often tailored to specific industries and geographies
- Organize, conduct and participate in project and team meetings
- Perform miscellaneous office management and administrative duties
- Bachelor’s degree in economic development, economics, urban planning/policy or a related field
- Experience or expertise in economic development or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think critically and generate new ideas
- Analytical skills to compare and draw conclusions from complex data and material
- Organizational and time management skills to balance multiple projects concurrently
- Capacity to rapidly acquire new knowledge and skills
- Ability to work as member of a team in a low-structure environment
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced degree related to economic development and analysis, urban policy or a related field
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with ArcGIS and statistical software such as Stata, R or SPSS
Level of Language Proficiency
English - fluent
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter, résumé and 3- to 5-page writing sample to Matt Schuneman at firstname.lastname@example.org.