Details: Includes health + dental benefits packages
114 East 25th Street
The Equality Equation
Job Description - Creative Strategist // Account Manager
Draft as of October 9 2018
The Equality Equation is a digital media lab based in New York City. We fuse art, activism and media to create seismic social and cultural change. We do this by providing an array of services:
- Original Content Production
- Social Media Management
- Audience Growth
Current clients include some of today’s most dynamic, progressive engines for change:
- Van Jones’ #cut50
- Brooklyn Defender Services
- Caitlyn Jenner Foundation
- 5050by2020, a radical spoke of TimesUp
- + many more
The EE Mission, Vision, Values + Culture
We seek to work alongside individuals who share our values, and vision for change.
Equality Equation architects digital movements that seismically push the arc of history towards justice and equality for all.
To build the most effective, dynamic and innovative digital campaigns and movements, which ultimately create seismic social and cultural change.
- Do Good
- Do GREAT work
- Be Bold + Take Risks
- Lead with empathy
We’re unabashedly progressive. Past clients have included a Democratic Super-PAC, and Democratic candidates for office. We also believe that activism and profit can co-exist.
The EE Culture
We’re constantly questioning, and exploring. We seek to learn from each other, and the world around us. Every quarter, we take group trips to a museum to discuss a new exhibition. We have brown bag lunches at least once a quarter, where we learn from an expert in our field.
Role Summaries - Acct Manager
Creative Strategists // Account Managers at EE have an experience unlike any at a typical agency; at any given moment, you’ll be toggling between big picture storytelling for a client, to producing social media posts, to creating strategy, to overseeing a paid spend.
In this role, you are responsible for setting and meeting goals for client’s accounts, including developing digital strategy, overseeing the management + maintenance of client’s social media accounts, overseeing the production of video content for client, overseeing paid campaigns, overseeing the production of graphic assets, and managing partnerships.
You will work closely with the Managing Director to maintain and manage client relations, and manage account deliverables. Where relevant, you will oversee growth of client’s social media accounts. You will work closely with Junior Account Managers, the Art Team and Interns to deliver on behalf of the clients.
Key Responsibilities + Qualifications:
- Expert level understanding and implementation of digital strategy and social media
- Proven superb relational capabilities
- Extensive experience running paid campaigns on social media platforms
- Experience working in the social impact // social change // activism space
- Connected to and aware of the most cutting-edge, dynamic digital services, tools and resources available
- Constantly developing new, dynamic ways for clients to communicate online
- Previous experience growing and managing social media accounts
- Previous experience developing a unique tone and voice online for clients
- Previous experience mapping a visual identity for a client
- Strong written skills (composes social media posts, when necessary)
- Carefully tracks and reports on hours worked
- Helps manage hours allocations
- Has previous experience managing junior team members
- Approves final materials prior to publication
- Consistently monitors news // news alerts on topics in which the client(s) are focused, and generally keeps up with the news cycle
- Provides weekly progress reports to clients
- Experience working with some combination of the below:
- FB AdsManager
- Twitter Ads
- Google AdWords
**Basic graphic design skills and basic video editing skills highly valued**
Start Date = early October
Salary = $55K - $60,000 + health + dental benefits packages
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Those interested in the position should submit a cover letter + resume to allie@equalityequation.
In the cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Why is EE the right place for you?
- How does your previous work experience align you to this role?
- What is your news diet? In other words, what platforms and outlets do you look to to stay on top of issues?
- Who is killing it on social media right now?
- What cause[s] are closest to your heart? Why?
Please note: ONLY THOSE APPLICATIONS THAT ADDRESS THESE QUESTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED