1101 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
M+R is looking for a full-time, non-exempt, Operations and Accounting Assistant to join the headquarters team of one of the best firms in the business. Our firm helps progressive, public-interest nonprofits, such as Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, American Cancer Society and Red Cross, recruit online donors and activists, raise money online, influence public policy and deepen relationships with their supporters.
- Maintain a consistent, punctual 9 a.m.–6 p.m. work schedule.
- Process client, subcontractor and vendor contracts, including electronic filing and tracking through Google Docs.
- Manage client settings in firm’s timekeeping and expense reporting online system. Respond to employee questions about the system in a timely manner.
- Provide support for accounts payable processing such as invoice processing, tracking payments and reviewing employee expense reimbursements.
- Fulfill financial reporting requests.
- Manage state fundraising registrations.
- Provide administrative support to headquarters staff as required.
- Provide logistical and day-of support for marketing events in DC office.
- Prepare monthly expense reimbursement and credit card reports for five executives.
- Coordinate firm president’s daily schedule and travel plans.
- Manage the DC office by:
- Acting as liaison with building management.
- Answering phones and greeting visitors.
- Maintaining inventory and ordering all office and kitchen supplies.
- Coordinating conference rooms reservations for larger events and resolving any time conflicts.
- Maintaining organization and cleanliness of kitchen, conference rooms and common areas.
- Assisting with the logistical and catering arrangements for external meetings.
- Assisting with office postage, courier and express mail needs.
- Send contract renewal reminders to client teams.
- Consolidate client lobbying Excel reports.
- Order snacks for weekly office brainstorms and monthly free office lunches.
- Provide administrative support for internal organizational teams.
- Coordinate printing and reproduction needs for marketing materials.
- Wrangles teammates at all levels to keep your projects running smoothly.
- Do your part to help us run smoothly—including carefully tracking all of your hours.
- Have at least one year of experience working in an office setting in an administrative support role;
- Can crunch numbers in Excel, use pivot tables and draw insights from the results;
- Are comfortable working with Google Suite (Gmail, Gcal, Hangout, Google docs, etc.);
- Have a proficiency in Microsoft Word;
- Can successfully pick up new software systems;
- Have the ability to calculate and organize office inventory;
Have a strong ability to write and speak clearly, concisely and logically;
Have acute attention to detail;
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills;
Can prioritize your time to meet deadlines for multiple projects;
- Are able to get work done even when under pressure;
- Demonstrate an ability to learn new skills and improve existing skills;
- Have a demonstrated ability to tackle big projects by breaking them down into smaller pieces;
- Are task- and solutions-oriented; you’ll see a problem through to the end;
- Are thoughtful, empathetic and self aware. You go out of your way to help others and look out for your colleagues;
- Are passionate about the role that operations and accounting plays in the success of a firm;
- Set goals and drive toward them—never missing deadlines, never dropping the ball and always producing high quality work;
- Are comfortable sharing your ideas and unique perspective and make others feel appreciated and valued doing the same;
- Recognize that feedback is a part of learning and growth, and are committed to both seeking and receiving feedback;
- Prefer to work in a team and do the hard work of seeing things from others’ perspectives;
- See a problem and propose a solution. You don’t wait for others to notice issues or assume someone else will fix it;
- You bring curiosity and skill to working with people who are different from you and you have a track record of effective teamwork across race, gender, sexual orientation and other important differences.
And here's the skills that would be nice for you to have—but they aren't required:
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles and accounts payable process;
- Experience using accounting softwares such as Microsoft Dynamics SL, etc.
- Experience processing contracts through electronic filing and tracking systems;
- Experience working at a consulting firm or non-profit.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To see a full job description and apply, please use the link on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.